PDA

View Full Version : Newly Armed with Century Grand Senior... let's see how this goes...

stephography
14-Oct-2011, 11:16
Hello from the east coast of the USA! I've just found this website today and it has already been an invaluable resource for me. I am not new to photography, but I am new to large format photography. I'm beginning to shoot 5x7 format with a Grand Century Senior and couldn't be more excited Any advice anyone has for me will be graciously welcomed. I'll keep this short and sweet... thank you for accepting me into your LF photography community :)

Steven Tribe
14-Oct-2011, 12:43
We are many that have similar self-casing camera! I am a Poco Cycle man myself!
You have seen Craig Fransen's posting some days ago about the same camera?

E. von Hoegh
14-Oct-2011, 12:46
Welcome.

A Century Grand Senior is a self-casing camera, right?

John Kasaian
14-Oct-2011, 14:28
Welcome aboard!

eddie
15-Oct-2011, 04:36
welcome.

what state on the right coast do you live?

stephography
15-Oct-2011, 08:22
Steven-- The Cycle Poco cameras are beautiful! And I did indeed see Craig's post! I was excited to see another Century on the board :)

John and E. Von Hoegh-- Thank you for the welcome! And Von... yes, the Century Grand Sr is a self casing camera.

Eddie, I am located in South Carolina currently. I'll make a guess you are on the east coast as well? :p

E. von Hoegh
15-Oct-2011, 09:55
We are many that have similar self-casing camera! I am a Poco Cycle man myself!
You have seen Craig Fransen's posting some days ago about the same camera?

Just out of morbid curiosity, why did you pick such a hard to see color?

:)

northway
15-Oct-2011, 13:43
I'm also using a Century Model 40, 1904. to recreate in the same locations some locally-taken glass plates which recently surfaced from 1895-1900. You will get a lot of interesting comments! Must be an east coast thing...I'm from Vermont