PDA

View Full Version : Need Frame shop near Indianapolis

Jim Cole
13-Sep-2011, 08:03
Hi all,

Since moving to Indianapolis from Flagstaff I have lost my long time print mounting service and my home framing space and need to know if anyone can recommend a framer in Zionsville, Carmel, Fishers or Indianapolis that can mount and frame large prints (20x30 print, matted to 28x38).

I put a notice on my website that I would not be able to frame or mat in my rental home for the foreseeable future, but I got an order from a long time customer that needs two gifts (these are for dignitaries from other nations).

If anyone here is from the Indianapolis area and can recommend a competent shop, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Cole
14-Sep-2011, 04:17
Wow, nobody in my area with any suggestions?

I did find the "Frame Shop" in downtown Indy that has the requisite vacuum press to mount photos up to 40x60" and the owner (Don) has been there since the mid 80's. He seems most helpful, so I guess I'll give him the business.

I also have a new (for me) country to ship to: Botswana.

Greg Lockrey
14-Sep-2011, 05:58
The best framer I know is in Lambertville, Michigan... but that is a half days drive for you. ;)

bob carnie
14-Sep-2011, 06:19
Devon 7 frame shop in Louisville, not sure how far that is from you.

Wow, nobody in my area with any suggestions?

I did find the "Frame Shop" in downtown Indy that has the requisite vacuum press to mount photos up to 40x60" and the owner (Don) has been there since the mid 80's. He seems most helpful, so I guess I'll give him the business.

I also have a new (for me) country to ship to: Botswana.

Jim Cole
14-Sep-2011, 10:05
Greg & Bob,

Thanks, but a little too far. Maybe some folks from those areas can take advantage of the contacts.

Jim Cole
14-Sep-2011, 13:31
Holy smokes! Shipping to Botswana!!!

Two identical 34x44" framed prints using OP3 glazing, one to Siena, Italy, the other to Gaborone, Botswana:

Packing, insurance and shipping to Italy: $544 (not too bad)

Packing, insurance and shipping to Botswana: $2354 (Yikes!)