PDA

View Full Version : Strobe 'City 5000' equipment

jimryan4
6-Sep-2011, 05:15
I was wondering if anyone had an idea about where to get hold of instruction manuals for the Strobe City 5000? I have not used one for about ten years and would feel a little more confident with a manual to hand...The unit has been PAT tested and is in good condition.

grp88+
17-Apr-2013, 18:52
I was wondering if anyone had an idea about where to get hold of instruction manuals for the Strobe City 5000? I have not used one for about ten years and would feel a little more confident with a manual to hand...The unit has been PAT tested and is in good condition.

mickthephoto
26-Sep-2013, 03:01
Hi, Did you find an instruction book for the city 5000?, I have one and a circuit diagram for same, contact me if you need a copy, Regards mick.

jimryan4
19-Dec-2014, 06:47
Hi, Did you find an instruction book for the city 5000?, I have one and a circuit diagram for same, contact me if you need a copy, Regards mick.

Thank you, I'm still on the lookout for the manual. picked up some bits and pieces since last post. If the manual you have is still available I would appreciate it.

mickthephoto
20-Dec-2014, 03:59
Thank you, I'm still on the lookout for the manual. picked up some bits and pieces since last post. If the manual you have is still available I would appreciate it.

Hi,yes I have two manuals, the early strobe 5000 and the strobe city 5000, complete with circuit diagrams, I'm in Perth, Western Australia so you can give me an email address or I can make a copy and post it to you, you choose, let me know what it's worth to you and we'll haggle, (that bits the most fun!) regards mick. Askmick@dodo.com.au or 61 8 (0)407711142.

aluncrockford
26-Dec-2014, 15:53
You might want to give john Kent a ring, he is the only person who will service and repair it, and I am sure he can guide you through the basics, though the key is never ever move any dials with the interlock on, with the city it is a red switch on the front, always remember there is 1000 going out of the x socket , do not connect a sync lead directly to a digital back, the power from the sync can be detrimental to the electronics. If you do need to sync then john can make you up a cable to go to a pocket wizard. John can be found at luminary lighting tel 02074019896

thebigpcture
29-Oct-2019, 14:04
Hi this is an old link. I do own and use some Strobe Equpiment. Did you manage to find the manuals and information that you were looking for?