PDA

View Full Version : Making KODAK Film by Robert Shanebrook

MakingKODAKfilm
29-Aug-2011, 15:11
If you are interested in the technology used to make modern photographic film see my book and website: http://makingKODAKfilm.com

The response to the book has been very gratifying. It provides photographers with a rare view of the technology used to make film. Reviews have been very favorable by photographers, cinematographers, photograph collection curators, conservationists, etc. . Even the most critical Kodak engineers and researchers have commented on the thoroughness and accuracy of the book.

I hope you check it out. There are 165 photographs and diagrams that explain how film is made.

Bob Shanebrook

Greg Blank
29-Aug-2011, 16:28
I does look pretty interesting....I may have to allocate the $$.

I could always trade you.....I take you a better portrait provided you can journey to
Maryland. You look like you are in pain....could be from fitting inside that weird disorted rectangle :D I am sure the venture will be a hit here- good luck.

If you are interested in the technology used to make modern photographic film see my book and website: http://makingKODAKfilm.com

The response to the book has been very gratifying. It provides photographers with a rare view of the technology used to make film. Reviews have been very favorable by photographers, cinematographers, photograph collection curators, conservationists, etc. . Even the most critical Kodak engineers and researchers have commented on the thoroughness and accuracy of the book.

I hope you check it out. There are 165 photographs and diagrams that explain how film is made.

Bob Shanebrook

Michael Clark
29-Aug-2011, 17:24
Have this book, Mr Shanbrook explains each part of the process and uses excellent photos to look at as he takes you into the darken depths of film making at Kodak. Realy interesting.
Mike

Sirius Glass
29-Aug-2011, 17:38
I have this book too. It is worth the investment.

Steve

Darin Boville
29-Aug-2011, 18:08
Ordered a copy. Sounds like an interesting read--and the sort of book that won't be duplicated (pun?) elsewhere!

--Darin

Arne Croell
29-Aug-2011, 18:21
I got the book immediately when it came out. A very worthwhile read if one is interested in the nuts and bolts of modern film production.

Oren Grad
29-Aug-2011, 18:51
I got the book immediately when it came out.

Same here. I'm happy to add my enthusiastic endorsement - it's well worth the price, and I doubt that there will ever be another book quite like it. Many thanks to Mr Shanebrook for all the hard work that was required to write and publish it.

John NYC
29-Aug-2011, 23:03
Got it when it came out... Another endorsement here.

IanMazursky
29-Aug-2011, 23:33
I bought the book as soon as it came out, read it cover to cover many times.
Well worth every single penny. Nothing like this has ever been produced.
The pictures alone are worth the price and the text is a fantastic read.

Joe O'Hara
2-Sep-2011, 18:05
As an engineer, the geek in me loves this book. The technology is intricate
and fascinating. The picture of the silver ingots being dissolved in nitric acid
was worth the price of admission. One has to respect the Eastman Kodak
Company for continuing to run these lines at all considering the probably low
utilization of the assets involved. Someone may try to reproduce these
processes in the future, if the Kodak Company ceases operations some day.
This book will provide important hints, but there will still be much to be learned.
Film is not as simple as it looks.