PDA

View Full Version : Epson color settings grayed out in CS5

gnuyork
27-Aug-2011, 10:05
I just tried to do some printing this morning in Photoshop CS5. The color settings are grayed out.

I talked to an Epson tech on this and had me me try printing from a different program to determine if was the driver. Yup same thing with grayed out color settings. So then he had me reset the printer in the Print/Fax system prefs. This immediately fixed the problem with preview.

However... when I tried to go back to CS5 I still had grayed out color settings. So he suggested that it was a incompatibility issue with Adobe and the new print driver.

Anyone else experience this?

Brian Ellis
27-Aug-2011, 10:40
I probably should know this but I don't so I'll ask. What do you mean by "grayed out color settings" in CS5. What settings are you talking about?

gnuyork
27-Aug-2011, 11:02
Color settings are grayed out and you can't use them.

http://www.dragma.com/gnuyork/photo/LF/Screenshot_grayedout.png

gnuyork
6-Sep-2011, 15:48
Any suggestions anybody? I was able to print 2 weeks ago this very same image with the same settings.

I don't know what's changed. Perhaps the Epson update... but that seems to work in other programs.

I've been out of town for a week, but now I need to get some prints out ASAP...

gnuyork
6-Sep-2011, 20:25
Problem solved. I reset the printer yet again and this time it works. Strange it didn't work the first time I reset it.