PDA

View Full Version : Graflarger on XL cameras

ghe67
22-Aug-2011, 06:15
HI,
I've posted a WTB for a Graflarger 4x5 as I've sold my enlarger and at the moment I can only make contact print.
So, my question is:
does anyone knows or have experience about using a Graflarger 2x3 or 4x5 on a Graflex XL camera?
It will fit for sure as the camera has a Graflok back but what about focusing with no bellow and helical focusing ring?
Thanks
Giorgio

aduncanson
22-Aug-2011, 10:56
Recall that there were in-body spacers (http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_3.html)made to extend the focusing range of the XL cameras, but I expect that you are going to need a bellows to achieve a reasonable range of print magnifications. A Graflex spacer may serve as a starting point for adapting a bellows, but it seems like a too ambitious project to me.

But then where I live, LF enlargers are inexpensive and easy to come by if you are patient.

ghe67
22-Aug-2011, 11:15
HI Alan,
maybe you are right, but I would like to try anyway to see how it works with the 1 inch spacer I have.
Anyway, I'm looking also for a Speed, Century, Crown Graphic without lens and in terrible conditions...I need just a light tight bellow.
Giorgio