PDA

View Full Version : Canham new Kodak TMY2 order co-op

Michael Batchelor
14-Aug-2011, 10:39
Not sure exactly where to put this, but Keith Canham contacted me that he's got a new co-op going for TMY2.

I got my 8x10 from the last one some time ago, and I won't be ordering this time. But considering Kodak's trouble it may be good to get some now if you want it.

There's also another 5x7 co-op going on. I know I was about the only one who cared last time, and it didn't make the minimum. But just in case I'm mentioning it and hoping.:)

jayabbas
14-Aug-2011, 11:00
I'm sorta in the dark here -- haven't kept up w/ the news. What trouble be with Kodak this time round ? 5X7 info ?

cdholden
14-Aug-2011, 11:04
With a deadline of 9/30, it seems a little late to be posting it now. I got the same email the other day and thought I was the only one interested in 5x7. Judging from the fact there's 96 boxes left to go, there aren't many of us. I'm not too hopeful on this round either. Maybe if he announced it now, for a spring order, others would be able to arrange the funds with more advance notice.
I did notice that they are in 50 sheet boxes this time. I don't even mind getting a few boxes of 8x10, as I know I can cut it down. I just like having the option to use TMY when the occasion calls for it.

Chris

BradS
14-Aug-2011, 14:06
I'd be interested in some 8x10. What are the details? Do we place an order with Keith? Is pricing and package size info available?

Marc B.
14-Aug-2011, 14:36
Follow the instructions from the Canham site.

http://www.canhamcameras.com/kodakfilmstatus.html

mdm
15-Aug-2011, 00:14
I think the price us outrageous but will go in on 100 sheets of 5x7 TMY anyway. Anyone else?

evan clarke
15-Aug-2011, 04:33
Luckily, I really like 5x7 Tri X...$99.95/50 sheets...EC

Michael Batchelor
15-Aug-2011, 05:56
I'm sorta in the dark here -- haven't kept up w/ the news. What trouble be with Kodak this time round ? 5X7 info ?

I couldn't read the whole article on the subscriber website, but there was a little discussion about Kodak's further red ink this reporting period, and the fact they are even more aggressively trying to exit the film market. Who knows how much is true and how much is fiction. Perez seems to have forgotten my phone number since he never calls to ask my advice.

As noted, it is expensive as all get out. About $170/50sheets in 5x7. But I see it as perhaps the last chance to get some TMY2 for the freezer. I had started to standardize on TMY2 as my "one film" in an effort to reign the insanity of working with more emulsions than I can keep track of when they stopped selling everything except 4x5.

That ticked me off royally. I really don't want to start over with another emulsion and end up in the same boat. And I really do want to standardize on one and quit chasing silver bullets in anything but my knowledge of the materials. Maybe if I get one down solid I can add another emulsion.

I'm in for 3 boxes of 5x7 on the current order, and I told Keith I could kick up a few more if necessary to make the order. Not sure what the devil I will do if I end up with 300 sheets of film in my cooler. Shoot a lot of 5x7 I guess. For that kind of money I'd better not let it waste. But TMY2 is the foie gras of sheet film, at least for me it has been.

Keith's website is a little confusing at best. He's a camera maker, not a marketing guru. You have to go to the website Marc provided, poke around to find the order form, and print it to send him a paper copy. That's how he keeps his records.

You can ask him directly at kodakfilm "AT" canhamcameras.com

JC Kuba
15-Aug-2011, 06:54
I've notice that Badger has mentioned a special order for 8x10 TMY on their site for the last few weeks. It says delivery around Sept. so he may have already put the money up front.