PDA

View Full Version : Frank Petronio's First Portraiture Workshop, September 10, 2011 in Rochester, NY, USA

Frank Petronio
11-Aug-2011, 08:15
http://frankpetronio.com/archive/first_portraiture_workshop.html

After many requests, I’m finally going to do my first solo photography workshop on Saturday, September 10.

We’ll meet at The Bagel Bin Cafe in Rochester, New York at 10am. Bring a small sample of your work and we’ll get acquainted. For the purposes of getting rapid feedback, we’ll be working with digital cameras and laptops, so if you have them, bring them. Film shooters are welcome too… I’ll be using both flavors myself. While this is not a dedicated large-format session, I’m happy to help people with their old-fashioned wooden cameras just as readily as their Nikons. However, I do not get along with or understand Canons!

In keeping with the guerilla underground, home-brew nature of my antics, we’ll carpool to a series of locations around town. I’ll provide models and coaching. And, just in case you (or your spouse) have the heebie-jeebies about it… nobody will be naked, cracked out, or scary. Instead we’ll work with a nice male and female couple and another, maybe only slightly crazy, female model.

We’ll shoot until Sunset and wind things up at a local establishment of mutual choice.

By keeping the class size to four, I’ll be able to tailor my instruction to suit your individual skill level and needs.

The cost is $200 plus a $50 model fee and your personal expenses such as food and drinks, gas, film, etc.

All I ask for is a non-refundable $100 deposit to hold your place. On September 10 I’ll need the balance plus a simple liability waiver and photo release.

I’ll also do freelance one-on-one instruction on request.

While this is the first workshop I’ve organized for myself, I have lectured, led workshops, and taught college-level courses for the George Eastman House; the International Center for Photography; the Palm Beach Photographic Centre; the Visual Studies Workshop/SUNY Brockport; and Kodak’s infamous Center for Creative Imaging.

(But why pay for a middleman when you can buy direct?)

Jim collum
11-Aug-2011, 08:47
you had me as a participant, until you said no naked, cracked out, or scarey. (You might want to put feelers out on how many would attend a Naked Cracked Out Scarey Workshop held in the sleezy part of town)

:)

Frank Petronio
11-Aug-2011, 10:01
Three spots left!

arkady n.
11-Aug-2011, 10:34
Argh, I don't think I can make it on that weekend. Hope you will have another workshop soon.

mdm
11-Aug-2011, 11:48
Sounds good. I think Frank may have looked at more photographs than nearly anyone and you can see it in his portraits. The influence of all sorts of dead people pop out unexpectedly. He keeps it simple and wont try to sell you a cracked soft focus masterpiece, but beware if you are from India.

RickV
11-Aug-2011, 12:22
Best wishes for your new undertaking Frank. Sounds like a marvelous opportunity and (ad)venture for your class participants....if I wasn't so far away I'd be there!

Frank Petronio
11-Aug-2011, 15:32
Thanks everyone! Two spots left so it's happening rain or shine.

I'd love to polish this workshop up and host some in OZ ;-p

And yes, even Indians are welcome, one bad PayPal scam doesn't damn the entire country. I even like Indian food.

anglophone1
11-Aug-2011, 15:39
Great stuff Frank, go international next, or give more notice so I can arrange a NY trip!!

Frank Petronio
15-Aug-2011, 13:45
Bumping, two spots - one cancellation - so now three spots left.

Jim Fitzgerald
15-Aug-2011, 18:10
Frank, if I was in your area I would so do this workshop! Your knowledge, approach and the women you photograph are outstanding. Good luck.