PDA

View Full Version : August 13 Dallas / Fort Worth outing

msk2193
7-Aug-2011, 11:59
No, not the Irving Arts Center, but a much more intriguing exhibit opens up today (8/13) at the Amon Carter Museum in Fort Worth.

"Masterworks of American Photography" Landscape" (http://www.cartermuseum.org/exhibitions/masterworks-of-american-photography-landscape)

Before the museum opens at 10AM, we will meet for delicious breakfast options at Lucile's (http://www.lucilesstatesidebistro.com/breakfast/breakfast) only a couple of miles up the street. Lucil'e opens at 9AM, and we will be there for the Huevos Rancheros, Eggs Benedicts, Omelettes, or just some coffee!!

Hope to see you on Saturday.

Bob McCarthy
7-Aug-2011, 13:37
Note to all planning to attend, today means next Saturday. Michael is always a week in front of us!

See you there,

Bob

Gem Singer
7-Aug-2011, 13:38
Cannot make it on the 13th.

Been there. Done that many times in the past. Lucile's Eggs Benedict is tastier than their Huevos Rancheros.

No longer able drive long distances nor walk through a museum. Too proud to ask someone else to drive and push me around in a wheel chair.

Enjoy the Amon Carter exhibit. At least it's cooler inside the museum than photographing outside in Texas these days.

msk2193
7-Aug-2011, 13:41
Bob, see my text right after "today".
;-)

J.B. Harlin
7-Aug-2011, 16:42
I can handle an air conditioned outing for sure!!! This should be fun.

Mike Castles
7-Aug-2011, 18:19
Hey, I might just be able to make this....hmmmmm, is the heat about to break or what.

Hope to see everyone there!!

msk2193
7-Aug-2011, 18:31
Mike, the temperatures will be back to normal by February.

8x20_Pano_Shooter
7-Aug-2011, 19:01
. . .that's words of encouragement!!!

sdenman
7-Aug-2011, 19:05
I am looking forward to it. I think I maybe an over achiever. My digital camera and 400mm is feeling neglected so I think I may try to catch some bird photos early am then meet up with you guys for breakfast and fun. See you there.

msk2193
8-Aug-2011, 07:39
Scott, let me know where you're heading, I might join you for an early bird shoot! My insurance paid-for replacement lens should be in on Wedensday!

Bob McCarthy
8-Aug-2011, 10:09
I'm likely to be at the BPH at sunrise again, btw.

Bob

Mike Castles
8-Aug-2011, 16:53
I'm likely to be at the BPH at sunrise again, btw.

Bob

Know I should know this - but BPH?

Might grab the digital think and shoot some early before meeting for breakfast.

Mike Castles
8-Aug-2011, 16:59
Mike, the temperatures will be back to normal by February.

:eek: Not sure what NORMAL is anymore, now rain...I have talked to people that have seen it, just not around here.

J.B. Harlin
8-Aug-2011, 17:05
Had a 6" rain here about three months ago. . . that is 6 drops, 6" apart. . . I am looking forward to experiencing rain and cool. . . maybe someday????

msk2193
8-Aug-2011, 17:07
BPH = Bass Performance Hall

bigdog
8-Aug-2011, 17:47
Hey, I might just be able to make this...

Hope to see everyone there!!

Mike! Have you been paroled? :p

Mike Castles
8-Aug-2011, 18:52
Mike! Have you been paroled? :p

Shhhh...don't want to wake them, going to try and sneak out Saturday.;)

You gonna make it?

bigdog
9-Aug-2011, 03:48
Shhhh...don't want to wake them, going to try and sneak out Saturday.;)

You gonna make it?

I guess that now, I have to ... :D

Mike Castles
9-Aug-2011, 15:08
I guess that now, I have to ... :D

Cool,,be good to visit.

wfrascher
11-Aug-2011, 12:48
Ya'll wouldn't mind if an East Texan or two showed up, would ya? :-)
:)
William

8x20_Pano_Shooter
11-Aug-2011, 16:01
William

Just head west until you find us!!!

J.B. Harlin
11-Aug-2011, 17:00
William

We welcome anyone who wishes to join us. . .
Caution. . . we tend to have a lot of fun!

Hope you can make it!

wfrascher
11-Aug-2011, 21:09
We'll do our best to be there. :-)

William

J.B. Harlin
11-Aug-2011, 21:27
William if you guys need more information on where we are meeting I try to keep up to date information on our BLOG. . . follow the link below the photo at the bottom of this post. . .

wfrascher
12-Aug-2011, 05:07
Excellent blog.

I plan to drag along my son Geoffrey (photo major at SHSU) and his friend Colby. Colby was suckered into helping paint Grandma's new picket fence by Geoffrey. :-) Tonight we'll stay at my brother's who lives on the north side of FT Worth. This will help shorten the drive in the morning. We're looking forward to the meeting & museum.

William

brian mcweeney
12-Aug-2011, 16:02
I plan on having breakfast with you guys and going to the Amon Carter. It's been awhile ...

J.B. Harlin
13-Aug-2011, 11:31
Great fun everyone! I counted 13 people that braved the clouds and rain to gather. What fun! Thanks to all that attended. . . next weekend more of the same. . .

wfrascher
13-Aug-2011, 12:08
Geoffrey, Colby & I enjoyed meeting all of you and the museum visit.

Thank you, William

Mike Castles
13-Aug-2011, 13:43
It was quite a treat for me, been a long time and it was good to catch up with everyone. Enjoyed the conversation and show at the Carter...interesting to see the different work - albumen, photogravure, inkject, etc.

Brian good to hear we are working at the same place, sorry I did not know it.
David - good to see you as always, along with JB and Susan, Bob..It was good to meet everyone else, hope to make it again soon.

Thanks for putting this together.

sdenman
13-Aug-2011, 20:03
My wife and I had a great time meeting the new people and seeing the ones we all ready knew. We had a great time.

8x20_Pano_Shooter
13-Aug-2011, 20:51
Looking forward to the outing next week!!!