PDA

View Full Version : camera screw removal Linhof 3-Way leveling head

David Lindquist
21-Jul-2011, 10:16
I just got a used Linhof 3-way leveling head (model # 003663). In familiarizing myself with it, I tried to remove the camera screw. I thought it would "back out" the way the camera screws do on my Quick Fix II camera plates, but it doesn't. Tried pushing down on the screw to encourage it to start to no avail. (I do know which way to turn it, counter-clockwise looking at the knob end).

Am I missing something or are these screws not meant to be changed out by the user?

Very nice head by the way. And since the screw is 3/8-16, what I want, this isn't a real issue right now.
David

john biskupski
21-Jul-2011, 10:37
I have one of these, and the screw comes right out no problem, obviously after raising the platform to one side to clear the base. It is designed to accept either the 1/4 or 3/8 camera screws.

David Lindquist
21-Jul-2011, 11:56
I have one of these, and the screw comes right out no problem, obviously after raising the platform to one side to clear the base. It is designed to accept either the 1/4 or 3/8 camera screws.

Thank you John, that's what I expected. Still no go here though. Doesn't "feel" like there's anything amiss, like trying to catch on an internal thread, but not quite making it.

Kinda hard to see inside that top platform ;)
David

Bob Salomon
21-Jul-2011, 12:17
Thank you John, that's what I expected. Still no go here though. Doesn't "feel" like there's anything amiss, like trying to catch on an internal thread, but not quite making it.

Kinda hard to see inside that top platform ;)
David

Marflex 252 652-4401. Don't strip it! A new one costs $51.00 and the price will increase next month!

David Lindquist
21-Jul-2011, 13:46
Marflex 252 652-4401. Don't strip it! A new one costs $51.00 and the price will increase next month!

Thank you both, John and Bob. My question has been clearly answered.
David