PDA

View Full Version : Epson r2400 will not print

Milton Tierney
20-Jul-2011, 17:19
OK, before I call long distance and spend hours on hold for the Epson tech support I thought I’ll run my problem through you guys.

The problem is my Epson r2400 stopped printing. It will go through the normal motions up to the point of printing then stop. Nothing. The printer just sits doing nothing.

At the time I was running it through a head cleaning and I put in a new ink cartridge. When I ran a nozzle check it stopped working. It would go through the motion, just before it would print it would stop.

I’ve check the ink cartridge, turn the printer and computer off and on, reset the defaults, and check the connections. The printer has been great up until now.

Any ideas’? :confused:

Donald Miller
20-Jul-2011, 19:06
Are either or both of the paper or ink lights on?

Milton Tierney
20-Jul-2011, 22:47
no and no, also the nozzle check using the control panel doesn't work.It will advance the paper then stop.
I checked out Epson troubleshooting and went through the same steps. The said to call them. Which I don’t want to do.

Donald Miller
20-Jul-2011, 22:51
no and no, also the nozzle check using the control panel doesn't work.It will advance the paper then stop.
I checked out Epson troubleshooting and went through the same steps. The said to call them. Which I don’t want to do.

I don't have an answer then. I wish you luck. I wonder if the printer is not recognizing the ink cartridge you changed...but I have nothing to base that on other than that is where your problem began.

Milton Tierney
20-Jul-2011, 23:24
Usually a box will come up telling me if the ink cartridge is not recognized. But, I’ll swap it out for a another one. I just got in $100 of new inks for the thing. Many thanks for your help. May be it’s a good time to get a new printer. :D

Doug Fisher
21-Jul-2011, 07:45
I am wondering if one of the sensors is giving a bad or false reading (like the paper load sensor). Have you tried downloading the SSC utility to see if it can give you more information on the error?

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

Milton Tierney
21-Jul-2011, 10:44
OK, got my printer fixed. I talked to the Epson tech rep. And I only have to wait less than a minute to talk to the rep.

For anyone who as the this problem in the future.
Turn off the printer unplug the cable from the computer, go in the printer & fax folder on your computer and delete the Epson r2400 program. Then reconnect the printer cable to the printer and turn on the printer. The printer should reinstall the printer program. Now it’s running great.. I have Window XP I do not see why it would not work for MAC users.

The only bad thing is, now I do not an excuse to by a new printer. :o

Daniel Moore
24-Jul-2011, 10:49
To clarify, you're not removing a program with that step, only deleting (an instance of) the printer from the available choices. Connecting it again reestablishes proper communication. Good to know it worked.

captivelight
27-Jul-2011, 16:06
Thanks for coming back and sharing the fix for the problem. Happy printing.

Armin Seeholzer
28-Jul-2011, 01:30
I have Window XP I do not see why it would not work for MAC users.

On a Mac you don't get this troubles at all:D :D

Milton Tierney
1-Aug-2011, 21:08
Oh my PC for a MAC

ki_
12-Aug-2014, 09:36
Sadly this did not work for me.

I have the very same problem on my Epson R2400. I connect it via a virtual machine in my macbook pro to run the SSC utility on Win XP. I tried to delete the printer and reinstalled it: still it stops in the very moment before it starts to pull the paper.
Connecting it directly to my mac did not help either.

Does anybody else have experience with these symptoms? Wo can confirm that the described method worked? Are there mac users who also had the same problem?