PDA

View Full Version : Looking for very beg. Large Format Workshops or classes in NYC or Minnesota??

TatteredGossamer
27-Jun-2011, 09:36
Hello there. I am looking for any information on any upcoming LF workshops. I have never yet worked with a LF camera so I would need something that would help me from the ground up..

I am a hat designer and an aspiring amateur photographer and would love to eventually be able to shoot my own editorial. I adore LF work.

I am looking for any classes and workshops this summer or this fall in NYC where i live and possibly if anyone knows of anything in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area in July.
I have heard ICP has an upcoming class but unfortunately for me I will miss the dates..

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Alicia

www.tatteredgossamer.com

Capocheny
28-Jun-2011, 11:03
Hi Alicia,

There seems to be quite a group of LF users in your area that post on here and, since you're a beginner, somebody from this forum may be willing to meet up with you to teach you the basics of using one of these cameras.

Alternatively, I would suggest finding a college that offers Photo Imaging as a course subject. They may offer a night school course.

Lastly, there are numerous books available that will take you through the basics in using a LF camera. Do a search on this forum and I'm sure it will come back with many posts on the topic. It's how many people start out on their LF journeys.

Best wishes.

Cheers

Pete Roody
28-Jun-2011, 11:50
Hi Alicia,

ICP offers a beginner course in LF this summer in nyc. Not cheap but it is an intro course for large format.

http://shopping.icp.org/school/continuing/course.html?category_id=201&product_id=33900

A few of us nyc'ers go out in groups for shoots occasionally also. If you are interested in joining us, we can keep you informed.

Pete