PDA

View Full Version : Panagor spot meter zone dial?

anglophone1
26-Jun-2011, 05:17
Just bought a Panagor spot SP-II here at LFF.
I expected it to be the same as a Soligor SP-II but no it has the calculator dial on the left side (like the original Pentax spot) not on the barrel.
It works fine, and I would like to put a zone dial on it, clearly the Zone VI dial for Soligor won't work, anyone know if the Pentax one will fit and how/where I can get one?
I've also bought a Lunasix(pro)F which has a built in zone dial but can't quite see how it works, anyone have a manual or tips please.
Thanks
Clive

anglophone1
29-Jun-2011, 10:47
anyone?

ki6mf
5-Jul-2011, 04:41
For the Zone dial look on the Misc section of the main page 3rd item down on the Misc section. http://www.largeformatphotography.info/articles/ZoneDial.pdf.

For the Manual http://www.marquis-kyle.com.au/lunasixindex.htm

Louie Powell
5-Jul-2011, 08:25
Clive -

I'm not familiar with the "Panagor" spot meter. But I presume that you set the film speed and the meter reading on the calculator dial, and the dial then indicates the aperture setting.

[By the way, "Panagor" and "Soligor" are both marketing labels. Neither is actually a manufacturer, but rather offer products that were manufactured by someone else. I have a Soligor lens in my 35mm kit, and years ago I bought a screw-mount Panagor 135mm lens for a Mamiya-Sekor camera.]

I've made Zone dials for both an Adorama digital spot meter (same as the Soligor digital spot), and also an old Sekonic meter. The process of the Sekonic probably is similar to what you need to do.

The meter had a mark that had to be lined up with a number that was read from the meter. I applied a small piece of "Avery Paper" (a self-adhesive label) over that mark on which I added notations. Because the dial is circular, I had to carefully trim the Avery paper to a half-circle shape to fit on the dial - the best tool for that task is the scissors on a Swiss Army knife. I placed a line at the original mark that I labeled "V", and then marks on either side that were exactly one-stop apart. The marks that reflected overexposure were Zones higher than V, while the marks reflecting underexposure were Zones lower than V.

anglophone1
14-Jul-2011, 10:31
Thanks, I now enough info to make one!