PDA

View Full Version : MC Large Format Bayonet Mounts?

tim atherton
17-Jan-1999, 16:49
Anyone know what happened to the MC bayonet mount system for large format lenses ?

I just came a cross a review in an old Camera & Drakroom (probably 92/93 ..ish).

This was a system with a lens board made with one part of the bayonet mount, and a slim mounting ring fitted to each lens (where the board would normally go). Y ou then only needed one board and could mount lenses in one or two seconds. It l ooked well made and simple (aircraft aluminium, lots of mounts, boards for diffe rent brands etc).

Address was MC Photographic, Cleveland TN. Called the number, no longer in use.

Any have or use these? Were they any good? Anyone know if they are still going?

Tim A

Ellis Vener
17-Jan-1999, 18:19
I checked into these briefly but ended up mounting my lenses in Linhof & Bromwel l "Technikardan" lens boards and putting lens board adaters on my three LF camer as (Arca-Swiss, Canham DLC, and V-Pan 6x17).

Sean Billy Bob Boy yates
17-Jan-1999, 20:07
Until I got a camera with expensive/hard-to-find lensboards, I hadn't gotten past the casual interest stage. Now that I need 'em, their gone, Great! Anybody know of a source for Universal Lens Flanges that'll handle the larger lenses like # 4 & # 5 Ilex sizes? Are they only available used?

andrea milano
18-Jan-1999, 04:13
Hallo Tim and all the others, well as far as I know, Horseman produced (and maybe still does) such a bayonet fitting for its Sinar-like lens boards, it seems to me of no real practical purpose other than making that little faster something which is not by definition, large format photography! Why would you want to switch quickly(??!?) between lenses when it takes ages to do all the rest? However check out Horseman .Regards

tim atherton
18-Jan-1999, 11:21
Andrea,

"Why would you want to switch quickly(??!?) between lenses when it takes ages to do all the rest? However check out Horseman .Regards"

Andrea,

Large Format may be inherently slow, but anything I can do to speed it up a little at -25c helps stops my fingers freezing up! (those Graphmatics sure help). Landscape (personal work) and architectural (work work) in the sub-arctic (and occasionally high-arctic) has its challenges.

Tim A