PDA

View Full Version : Find All Posts By TGTAYLOR Disabled!

tgtaylor
14-Jun-2011, 10:09
When trying to locate a reponse to a thread that I posted sometime back, I got this message:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Can one of the admins look into this folr me and let me know?

Thanks,

Thomas

Leigh
14-Jun-2011, 11:28
I just used the "find posts by..." in your dropdown list and got 1236 hits.

Looks like it's working.

Occasionally you'll hit a server when it's busy or doing a backup or some such that makes it unavailable briefly.

- Leigh

tgtaylor
14-Jun-2011, 13:10
Well you're right Leigh. But it wasn't doing that for at least the past several days. I could pull up all the threads that I started but gave me the error message when trying to pull-up all the individual posts. I rarely use that feature so I don't know 'how long it's been going on' as in the song but it's working now.

Sometimes, when I write something, I get a little carried away and try to make a short story out of it and I thought...well, maybe it would be best to stick to simple one or two liners and not put it all out on the Internet. Good idea! Instead of not writing my feeling or experiences out as I am prone to do, I'll just create them with my word program and file them in a file titled, say, Musings, and just post the one or two liner!

Thomas

Bill Burk
14-Jun-2011, 18:39
If it's Win/IE9 you might check the thread that explains weird settings that help with searches. (Clear temporary Internet files on exit) that help with the issue.

I was surprised to hear my favorite group at the time "Squeeze" played that old song in concert. Paul Carrack was in "Ace" so they had the common history.

tgtaylor
14-Jun-2011, 19:04
Thanks for the reply Bill.

Coincidentially, when I logged into my yahoo account yesterday on my desk top a recommendation to upgrade to IE9 popped up. I checked and I have IE8 installed. So I went over to the Microsoft site to download IE9 and it wanted to know if I was using the 32-bit version of Windows XP or the 64-bit. Again I checked and it's the 32 bit version but I haven't downloaded IE9 on this box yet because something else popped-up and I didn't have time yesterday to figure it out.

I really need a new desktop. This one is a refurbished Delll Pentium 4 219GHz processor with 1G of RAM - the max that is allowed on this box. Prices are way down for truly high powered desktops with lots of memory so I'm 'gearing-up' for an upgrade. My laptop, though, is new and fast: A 64-bit Acer (Windows 7) with 3G of memory and it only cost $399 new!

Thomas

Dave Jeffery
15-Jun-2011, 02:16
OT

I have been thinking about getting a 40 gig SSD drive for just for my operating system and Photoshop as they are only around $100 and then use regular hard drives otherwise.

As much as I like Dell computers they have some proprietary connections and a full size ATX box with a high quality power supply and decent drives has worked out very well for me for continually upgrading over the years.

Many drives will fit inside the case as well as the huge graphics cards. Any time a computer gets upgraded the motherboard, RAM and CPU are always purchased as a relative power bundle anyway. Graphics cards are getting huge and will not fit in small cases and they require the 8 pin power supplies. ATX cases with lots of drive bays are good.

There are a lot of cheap desktops available but they may not have robust power supplies, room for a RAID drive set up, room for newer graphics cards and they may have a lot of irritating commercial bloatware built in like Norton Is A Virus.

Also a friend got hacked by a famous international hacker based in Turkey and Eset security turned out to be the best protection available for his websites and I have installed it on all my computers and really like it. I had never heard of it before.

I hope some of this is helpful for your upgrade.