PDA

View Full Version : Small filing box for individual sleeved 4x5 negatives?

l2oBiN
6-Jun-2011, 14:51
I have purchased some vue-all single negative sleeves. I would like to have a small light tight filing box to be able to safely store and organise the sleeved . Any suggestions on such a box?

lenser
6-Jun-2011, 15:08
A company called 'Nega File" used to make some very nice wooden negative file boxes. They came in at least medium format, 4x5, and 8x10 sizes.

Louie Powell
6-Jun-2011, 15:39
Light Impressions, Archival Methods and Lumier Photo all sell archival cardboard boxes with hinged covers and metal-reinforced corners that work just fine for storing 4x5 negatives in individual sleeves.

Barrie B.
6-Jun-2011, 23:31
Greetings from Australia ; I have found a ' clear-plastic' CD / DVD box with a 5" x 5" base and over 6" tall with a lock down / flip up lid @ $ 4.50 ideal .
I cut a piece of mounting board for the base to which I tape some 5 1/2" high dividers to stop negatives falling over if the box is less than half full.
Perhaps you can find a similar container in your area .
.................... Cheers Barrie B.

l2oBiN
7-Jun-2011, 16:08
Hey Bazza,

Where did you buy it? Have you got a link to a shop?

Greetings from Australia ; I have found a ' clear-plastic' CD / DVD box with a 5" x 5" base and over 6" tall with a lock down / flip up lid @ $ 4.50 ideal .
I cut a piece of mounting board for the base to which I tape some 5 1/2" high dividers to stop negatives falling over if the box is less than half full.
Perhaps you can find a similar container in your area .
.................... Cheers Barrie B.

tgtaylor
7-Jun-2011, 19:42
These are inexpensive and each will hold about 100 4x5 negatives in individual PrintFile sleeves:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/599396-REG/Print_File_PFFLIPBOX45_FLIPBOX45_FlipTop_Storage_Box.html

Thomas

Barrie B.
8-Jun-2011, 20:50
Hello 12oBIN , Where did I purchase them?
At a " $2 plus loose change" store ( Two Dollar shop ? ).
they have a small label -
C D Hard Storage . so I guess anywhere that CD / DVD storage containers are sold may be the go.
Cheers Barrie B. Good luck , mine have a pale pink fold down handle on top.

ki6mf
9-Jun-2011, 16:36
An alternative is to get a film mailer with a 3 MM poly bag to store negatives in prior to processing. Mailers are available from Freestyle Photo in California. A 5X7 with mailer and bag is around $.60 each. They can be found under Darkroom Supply/Dark Room Accessories/Misc. Sizes range from 5X7 to ULF. I use 5X7 for my 4X5 workflow. Here is the link. I do not know where these can be purchased outside of the USA.
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/5857-E...x7?cat_id=1603

Scott Whitford
9-Jun-2011, 17:03
Try Hollinger Metal Edge

www.hollingermetaledge.com

Be sure to search the archives about problems with Light Impressions before doing business with them.

Scott