PDA

View Full Version : Epson 7600--Ink not pulling through?

duckrabbit
21-May-2011, 15:26
Hi,

We have an Epson 7600 that is used once every other week or so. This last time, we let it sit for about 6 weeks, although I did turn it on partway through that. When I went to print, there were 4 out of the 6 nozzle checks printing, the rest were mostly blank. After some cleaning and some test prints to try and force the ink through, there were three showing, now there's only one. I've been leaving it overnight with some cleaning solution on the pad, as well as cleaning under the heads, and there has been no difference. I'm wondering if there is a possibility that it isn't a clog--does the ink ever stop pulling through for other reasons?

michaelw
21-May-2011, 15:48
Don't have experience of air bubbles with our Epson 7600, but in our experience, it is important to clean the wiper blade, for example, before running a cleaning cycle, because ink accumulates on it and seems to dry and get redeposited. When you move the print head aside, the wiper blade is attached to a white piece of plastic/nylon just above the parking pad, and is a thin vertical flexible blade about 50 mm long--something like a miniature squeegee. Soak a folded Kimwipe (tissue) in cleaning fluid and squeeze the blade between thumb and forefinger; also wipe it along its length both sides. Be careful, it is fragile. Also clean inside the white plastic assembly that partly blocks access to it. If you get a good nozzle print, clean the blade one more time and make sure you still get a good nozzle check after, so no ink is left to dry over a long time.

When running cleaning cycles using the print utility on your computer, keep the utility window open if you have to run more than one cleaning cycle: it then knows to escalate the procedure's vigorousness on subsequent cleanings [or, if running cleaning from the machine, keep the power on for the same reason].

Tyler Boley
21-May-2011, 16:12
might need some flush fluid and new dampers. Ask here for more detailed and experienced input-
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/EpsonWideFormat/