PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Photography in Toronto

sanking
19-May-2011, 12:10
For those living in Toronto, or visiting, there is currently an exhibition of alternative work on display at the Lonsdale Gallery at 410 Spadina Road. www.lonsdalegallery.com. The exhibition was put up in conjunction with the recently concluded Alternative Process Photography Symposium.

Prints are by Ron Reeder, Bill Schwab, Sam Wang, Guillaume Zuili, and yours truly. All of my prints on display at the Lonsdale are carbon transfer and show the unique surface qualities of this media.

The show will be up until July 10.

Sandy King

Frank_E
19-May-2011, 12:26
and it is definitely worth seeing....

Sandy greetings from Gabriola....

sanking
19-May-2011, 12:38
and it is definitely worth seeing....

Sandy greetings from Gabriola....

Hi Frank,

It was great to meet you in Toronto and I look forward to getting together later this summer on Gabriola. Gabriola in the summer, or any of the Gulf Islands, is about as close to paradise as it gets here on this earth.

Sandy

bob carnie
20-May-2011, 05:43
Sandy
will you be flying or have you decided to drive??
Bob

Hi Frank,

It was great to meet you in Toronto and I look forward to getting together later this summer on Gabriola. Gabriola in the summer, or any of the Gulf Islands, is about as close to paradise as it gets here on this earth.

Sandy

sanking
20-May-2011, 12:06
Sandy
will you be flying or have you decided to drive??
Bob

Bob,

Driving to Gabriola from where I live would take about 50 hours with a distance of over 3000 miles, and two ferry rides, so will have to fly in spite of the hassle. And of course, if you trust the odds flying is much safer than driving, especially with the added danger of BC Ferries.

Sandy

bob carnie
20-May-2011, 12:25
Insist on a parachute.
I will see you in July if you folks are around to shoot the K plant then on to Washington for Photoshop courses.

Bob,

Driving to Gabriola from where I live would take about 50 hours with a distance of over 3000 miles, and two ferry rides, so will have to fly in spite of the hassle. And of course, if you trust the odds flying is much safer than driving, especially with the added danger of BC Ferries.

Sandy

John MacManus
20-May-2011, 12:27
I was lucky to take the course on carbon printing in Toronto last week with Sandy King hosted by Bob Carnie at Elevator Digital. What an awesome experience.

The show Sandy mentions of images from the instructors at the Alternative Process Photography Symposium is really worth seeing and was an eyeopener for me. Of particular interest of course was to see master carbon prints. I had never appreciated the 3-D (no glasses needed) effect of carbon printing.

Good times in TO ... J

gene LaFord
20-May-2011, 17:13
The exhibit is well worth seeing. I am glad I had the wonderful opportunity to see the work in person.

gene