PDA

View Full Version : thanks to Jim & Per-Tonopah

MercuryGlen
12-May-2011, 11:29
thanks to Jim & Per for a great workshop down in Tonopah, NV. last week. Got a lot of good info & def like to head back next year. (and for the chicken fried steak...)

Jim Graves
12-May-2011, 19:36
What Glen said! Tonopah is a great place to shoot ... a wide variety of possibilities.

Seeing Jim's lens collection laid out with several prints from each lens is a particular treat.

Per and Jim are both laid back which makes the format of the workshop flexible enough to suit the participants ... a rarity in workshops. But plenty of content is offered and as much help as any particular participant wants.

I shot some portraits, desert scenes, mining camp and "junk yard" scenes, night shots, pin hole shots, skipped the early morning dunes shots (I don't do early mornings ... but that was fine with everybody), got a wet plate hands-on lesson, had my portfolio reviewed by Jim, Per and the other participants, got to see several other portfolios, met and communed with some fun and really good photographers, had some great dinners and margaritas ... overall it couldn't have been better.

I went last year and I'll be back next year if Jim and Per are crazy enough to host another.

ghostcount
12-May-2011, 22:04
...(and for the chicken fried steak...)

Woof! Don't mention chicken fried steak cause all I remember is a headless upside down turtle. Just kidding :D Good times.

Thanks again Jim and Per. Also, a big thanks to those who brought prints.

Michael Clark
15-May-2011, 00:22
I thought the chicken fried steak was good,but Jim Graves portfolio was better.

Forrest Atkins
15-May-2011, 06:15
The chicken fried steak was good but the look in restaurant staffs eyes when 14+ hungry photogs shows up to a 25 seat restaurant was priceless. They managed to fill the order but not without some effort.
Great workshop, err, gathering. Information sharing, new acquaintances, photo-ops all good. Thanks Jim and Per.