PDA

View Full Version : TIFF scans in Singapore?

NoBob
9-May-2011, 21:50
Hi,

Anyone know where to get MF 120 TIFF scans done in Singapore?

Thanks.

NoBob.

Helen Bach
10-May-2011, 04:59
It's a while since I was last in Singapore, but I would try RGB Color if it is still going:
Blk 21, Kallang Avenue, #07-173/177, Singapore 339412
Tel : 6392 5355 ; Fax : 6392 4660
Email : sales@rgb-color.com

Their website is 'under construction' - a bad sign.

Best,
Helen

altair
10-May-2011, 06:48
NoBob, you can try asking here, it's a forum for Singaporean photographers:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forum.php

NoBob
12-May-2011, 20:00
Thanks Helen, thanks altair.

Yeah, after posting, I remembered clubsnap. There are a few people offering the service. Will probably give someone who goes by the name Kingston a try.

120 format Services (Neg, Slide or B/W) @4000dpi (approx 8500+px/6cm, 80MP) w/ Digital ICE:
(6x4.5/6/7/8/9cm)
Roll - $18/roll
Indv frames - $2.50/frame
(6x10-18cm)
Indv frames - $5/frame
Choice of 8bit/colour or 16bit/colour & JPEG/TIFF (Uncompressed) - Free of charge
Anti Newton Ring Glass Holder will be used unless your film strips are very uncooperative

NoBob
12-May-2011, 20:02
Are there any good LF shops, selling cameras and secondhand lenses in KL altair?

WootSK
13-May-2011, 05:14
I'm from Singapore, previously I went KL and scout around. But there isn't much LF equipment as well there. I asked around in photomalaysia forum before and they said that most of theirs are gotten online. I did saw a bad condition crown graphics at KLCC, but not worth the cost for the condition.

Regarding scanning in singapore, you can pass to Kgston from clubsnap for it. He is using a Coolscan 9000 and custom holder.

Sadly, Singapore doesn't have much film shooters and most are Lomo happy shooters(I don't really like the group except they are the main sales of film in Singapore as they waste a lot happy shooting). You don't see much format in Singapore except 135. I have to always import material for my LF which isn't cheap. :( There is NO shops developing sheet films in Singapore, and you don't get much developer in Singapore except for few B&W developer. I got a shop which helps bring in 4*5 film for me, but it takes very long.

Helen Bach
13-May-2011, 07:03
Has RGB closed? They were the only decent pro lab I knew of in Singapore.

Kingston's rates look very reasonable at SGD18 (USD14) per film for 4000 spi, 16 bit.

Thanks,
Helen

WootSK
13-May-2011, 07:22
Has RGB closed? They were the only decent pro lab I knew of in Singapore.

Kingston's rates look very reasonable at SGD18 (USD14) per film for 4000 spi, 16 bit.

Thanks,
Helen

The only E6 processing lab in Singapore is Fotohub. There are still quite a lot of photo shops developing C-41 and some develop B&W as well. But result varies and NO shops develop sheet film in Singapore. I have been sourcing for a cheaper alternative to bring in E6 chemical in smaller quality and without any problem with the custom. Currently I am carefully using my 3L till my last drop. My 135 and 120 are developed with Fotohub to save chemical.

WootSK
13-May-2011, 08:01
If you are talking about scan purely, I doubt anyone doing in Singapore doing drum scanning service (at least not of any shops or person I know). I visited Kgston's place to sell him some chemical for toning and noted he has a drum scanner, but he told me that he is not used to controlling it as for now. If you mention the next best thing beside drum scanner will be a Coolscan.

WootSK
13-May-2011, 08:13
Just for asking about KL shopping:
http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152184