PDA

View Full Version : Saunders/LPL Dichrotic 4500-II Negative carrier question

false_Aesthetic
9-May-2011, 15:30
Hi,

The school was just given the above mentioned enlarger with 1 negative carrier.

Everything works fine so far except that when I insert the negative carrier and drop the lever to lock it in to place there's still a significant gap.

Looks like we were either given the wrong neg carrier or we're missing a piece.

Anyone care to venture a guess?

Thanks
Tom

Greg Blank
9-May-2011, 16:02
I've been the guy repairing LPL at Omega for the last six years, the 4550 & 4500 series enlargers have multiple parts that could be the issue best to request a parts diagram from them. if you get no response PM me and I'll deal with it.

customerservice@omegabrandess.com

Hi,

The school was just given the above mentioned enlarger with 1 negative carrier.

Everything works fine so far except that when I insert the negative carrier and drop the lever to lock it in to place there's still a significant gap.

Looks like we were either given the wrong neg carrier or we're missing a piece.

Anyone care to venture a guess?

Thanks
Tom

Jon Shiu
9-May-2011, 16:03
It could be that the negative stage piece, ie the piece the negative carrier sits on is missing.
Jon

Oren Grad
9-May-2011, 16:11
Looks like you're missing the negative stage. There are two versions - a simple one that comes standard with the enlarger, and an adjustable masking stage that's an optional accessory.

false_Aesthetic
10-May-2011, 10:13
I've been the guy repairing LPL at Omega for the last six years, the 4550 & 4500 series enlargers have multiple parts that could be the issue best to request a parts diagram from them. if you get no response PM me and I'll deal with it.

customerservice@omegabrandess.com

Email sent to them.
I'll be in touch if I don't hear back by the end of the week.

It'll be nice to have this thing working next year.

false_Aesthetic
11-May-2011, 08:57
Hey all,

Thanks for your help. We found the part. Donor thought it was just a piece of junk.

le sigh