PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a photographer

h2oman
8-May-2011, 11:14
OK, I'm trying to find the web page for a photographer. Here is the info I (possibly incorrectly) remember:

The person is deceased (for maybe 20+ years?), male, lived in the Bay area.

They have a web page which, as I recall, is maintained by a descendant.

The images I recall were of two natures:

1) Panoramic images, maybe made witha 7x17, with dark, foggy atmospheres and heavy toning. There is definitely one of one of the Bay area bridges.

2) More "normally" proportioned images that I don't remember as well, but I think they were of sort of urban wastelands with figures (nudes?) in them.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Mounier
8-May-2011, 11:52
Can't help you with the identification, especially in light of the fact that you want to "dig up" a deceased photographer.

Peter

darr
8-May-2011, 11:58
... you want to "dig up" a deceased photographer
:eek:

lenicolas
8-May-2011, 12:01
hilarious. :D

good luck with your search though.

keith schreiber
8-May-2011, 12:09
I'd guess Edmund Teske (http://www.edmundteske.com/et/Welcome.html), but he lived in LA.

~ Keith

h2oman
8-May-2011, 13:03
OK, very poor choice of words!:eek:

I've edited my original post - those of you coming on board now won't have the opportunity for fun at my expense.

It was not Edmund Teske, although that was worth a look.

Merg Ross
8-May-2011, 13:09
You may be thinking of Vilem Kriz. He taught here in Oakland for quite a few years.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Vilem+Kriz&hl=en&prmd=ivnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=cffGTeKuNYm-sAO9oJmmAQ&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=866&bih=589

h2oman
8-May-2011, 20:31
No, that's not him. This person may have been active in the 1940s or so. The definitely had a web site of their own, but a pretty minimal one. I think it just had two or three galleries with maybe a dozen photos each. One gallery (the one I'm interested in) was most definitely panoramic images. All the images were heavily toned iwth a sort of gold/brown tone.

Thanks for your interest, and keep the ideas coming! I really wish I had written that person's name down.