PDA

View Full Version : Telos by Clay Harmon - Book #1 in the new 11+1 Signature Series

billschwab
5-May-2011, 16:46
Telos - Clay Harmon (http://www.northlightpress.com/harmon/index.html)
5.25 x 7.5 inches - Hardcover
16 pages - 11 duotone reproductions
1- original photogravure
signed and numbered
edition: 100
North Light Press

I'm pleased to finally be able to announce the release of the first in a new series of limited edition books I am publishing on my North Light Press publishing label. I'm calling it the "11+1 Signature Series" with each book focusing on the work of a specific photographer and consisting of 11 high quality reproductions and 1 original print of varying processes. There will be six of these books printed each year and all will be done in editions of only 100, all being signed and numbered by the photographer. I've got many photographers in line and am very excited about what is to come. Among the upcoming books later this year is none other than our own Kerik Kouklis among some other faces that may be familiar. Kerik's book will present photographs from an earlier period made with his 7x17 camera and, as an added treat, will include a palladium version of one of his most recognized photographs.

First ... and shipping starting next week is Book#1 - Telos, by one of my alt process gurus, Clay Harmon. Clay has been doing some wonderful things with photogravure lately and has been kind enough to make 100 fine little gravures for inclusion in this inaugural edition of this series. I have several of the finished books on hand and all I can say is that they're very sweet and I am honored to have Clay as the first in the series. Telos is one of my favorites of Clay's body of work. A project shot some years ago at night on TMax 3200 film. It has translated into a beautiful, little book and it and others in this series will be a fine addition to any collection.

The book officially went on sale this past Monday, May 2 via the website and I have been amazed by the incredible response. Clay has been a very popular guy and the 1st book is well on the way to being sold-out already, but copies still remain. If interested, there is more information HERE. (http://www.northlightpress.com/harmon/index.html)

You can also view a short promotional video about the series and this book here...

http://youtu.be/-5nH_Yd_D7I

I hope you'll stay tuned for more coming soon. The next book will be released in July and will include a very fine alt process print. Announcement on this one will be coming soon.

Thanks for looking!!!

Best, Bill Schwab

cdholden
5-May-2011, 18:42
Bill,
Will other artists' work be in the same size as this book or is it for this publication only?

Thanks,
Chris

Jim Becia
6-May-2011, 06:13
I ordered this book last week as I have been intrigued by Clay's work. Will be fun and interesting to see the results in this book. Hope it goes well for both Clay and Bill.

Matt Magruder
6-May-2011, 08:31
Congrats on the release Clay and Bill. There was a lot of hard work put into this and it will undoubtedly show. Look forward to seeing the series progress.

Kerik Kouklis
6-May-2011, 09:22
Yes, this is pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to participating in this project. Kudos to Bill for making this happen and to Clay for building his biceps by hand-pulling 100+ gravures in just a few days. I can't wait to see the results!

Chris, the books are all going to be made in this size. The one difference with the book I am working on is that the images will be printed "sideways" to accommodate the 7x17 format.

Monty McCutchen
6-May-2011, 14:51
Can't wait to get my copy on the shelf!

Congrats to all that made this series a reality. I can't wait to collect the various artist that Bill includes in the series.

Well done,

Monty

cdholden
6-May-2011, 18:11
Yes, this is pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to participating in this project. Kudos to Bill for making this happen and to Clay for building his biceps by hand-pulling 100+ gravures in just a few days. I can't wait to see the results!

Chris, the books are all going to be made in this size. The one difference with the book I am working on is that the images will be printed "sideways" to accommodate the 7x17 format.

Kerik,
Thanks for the reply. It was your work/format that made me think to ask. I look forward to it.

Chris

Mike Castles
7-May-2011, 05:25
Congratulations to Bill and Clay, this will a very exciting series.

I'm with Monty, can't wait to collect everyone that Bill includes in the series, it should be an excellent collection.

Mike