PDA

View Full Version : Canon ipf8000 printer - is there a max job size?

ChristopherW
3-May-2011, 23:16
Hi I have a Canon ipf8000 printer,

And smaller jobs go through fine - very nicely.

I have difficulty getting it to accept large jobs even with images in the 147dpi down to 40dpi range.

(Current job I am trying to do is 931mm x 1279mm as I say have tried it from 147 down to 40dpi and the job eventually cancels after producing nothing.)

And had understood that there would be an 80gb hard drive in it, but when we get it to tell us its specs through visiting its local http address, it correctly lists the ram as 384mb, and then says further down, hard drive: none.

Are there any spooling techniques that any one knows of for getting large job through please?

I am on Windows Xp.Pro Printer driver settings (I am using Ethernet Printing on port 9100), rest as shown in the image below (settings originally as advised by Canon).

Any advice much appreciated please.
Christopher

magentaprinthead
17-Jun-2012, 13:05
Hi I have a Canon ipf8000 printer,

And smaller jobs go through fine - very nicely.

I have difficulty getting it to accept large jobs even with images in the 147dpi down to 40dpi range.

(Current job I am trying to do is 931mm x 1279mm as I say have tried it from 147 down to 40dpi and the job eventually cancels after producing nothing.)

And had understood that there would be an 80gb hard drive in it, but when we get it to tell us its specs through visiting its local http address, it correctly lists the ram as 384mb, and then says further down, hard drive: none.

Are there any spooling techniques that any one knows of for getting large job through please?

I am on Windows Xp.Pro Printer driver settings (I am using Ethernet Printing on port 9100), rest as shown in the image below (settings originally as advised by Canon).

Any advice much appreciated please.
Christopher

magentaprinthead
17-Jun-2012, 13:06
Hi,
I'm using the same printer and find I can only print large files through photoshop - hope this helps!