PDA

View Full Version : toyo monocular focus hood

atlcruiser
3-May-2011, 08:38
Hi all,
Found a deal on a toyo monocular focus hood. Not sure if it will work for but but I figure it is worth a try.

Anyone knwo if I can fiddle a mount onto the bak of a linhof kardan?

thanks
david

Peter De Smidt
3-May-2011, 08:54
I have one of the Toyo monocular focus hoods, and so I can answer questions about it, but I've never had a Linhof Kardan, or seen one up close.

atlcruiser
3-May-2011, 09:10
I have one of the Toyo monocular focus hoods, and so I can answer questions about it, but I've never had a Linhof Kardan, or seen one up close.

thanks

what does it actually mount to?

Peter De Smidt
3-May-2011, 20:54
Viewing accessories are attached to the back via two metal pins.

To mount a monocular, you first remove the folding hood. There's a tab on one side that pressure fit. On the other size are two metal pins. If you pull on the tab, the hood pivots on the metal pins. Once the hood is at ninety degrees, you push up a little on the side with the pins, and the top pin goes up a bit, which allows you to take the bottom pin out. To insert the viewer, you put the top pin in the hole, push up a bit, and then put the bottom pin in the other hole. You then pivot the tab end towards the ground glass until it locks in place. I can take some pictures tomorrow. The monocular viewer need to be secure, since you may have to flex it to see some areas of the ground glass well, depending on the focal length of the lens.

atlcruiser
4-May-2011, 09:21
thanks

sounds like I need a toyo back to make this easy

Peter De Smidt
4-May-2011, 09:39
thanks

sounds like I need a toyo back to make this easy

I agree.