PDA

View Full Version : Rollo Pyro

argos33
1-May-2011, 10:05
Hi,
I've been using PMK Pyro for 2+ years now and my supply recently ran out. Since I use a Jobo processor for 4x5 and 8x10, I figured I would try Rollo Pyro this time around and have a few questions I am having trouble finding answers to:

1. Is ABC+ Pyro the same as Rollo Pyro?
2. It seems the development times are quite a bit less for Rollo Pyro - does anyone use a diluted solution for longer times?
3. Will the results be ok using the Rollo Pyro with MF in steel tanks (1 inversion every 15 sec) as with the PMK?

Thanks for any input/advice!

Evan B

vinny
1-May-2011, 10:31
why change what works?
I use pmk in my jobo for nearly everything (i added edta initially) even though THEY say not to use pmk for rotary processing. I don't see what doesn't work about it.

I don't think abc+ is the same as rollo though.

Jim Noel
1-May-2011, 10:55
Hi,
I've been using PMK Pyro for 2+ years now and my supply recently ran out. Since I use a Jobo processor for 4x5 and 8x10, I figured I would try Rollo Pyro this time around and have a few questions I am having trouble finding answers to:

1. Is ABC+ Pyro the same as Rollo Pyro?

NO

2. It seems the development times are quite a bit less for Rollo Pyro - does anyone use a diluted solution for longer times?

I doubt it.

3. Will the results be ok using the Rollo Pyro with MF in steel tanks (1 inversion every 15 sec) as with the PMK?

Probably, although Rollo is designed for rotary processing where the developer is subject to more oxygenation.

Thanks for any input/advice!

You are welcome. BUT - Stay with what is working!!!

Evan B

Heespharm
1-May-2011, 12:34
According to the unblinking eye rollo pyro was introduced as ABC+

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/PCat/pcat.html

argos33
1-May-2011, 14:54
Vinny,
I agree PMK is working great and I will most likely continue to use it. I am just curious about the potential benefits of Rollo Pyro, and figure it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Sirius Glass
2-May-2011, 15:48
I too am interested in Rollo Pyro developed in a Jobo tank and I would like information about user experience. If I wanted to know about PMK, I would have asked.

Steve