PDA

View Full Version : Panoramic 6x17 back for Chamonix 57n

Cesar Barreto
29-Apr-2011, 04:35
Hi, all.

I've just received my new Chamonix 57n camera and I'm about to order a custom 6x17 adaptor from Hugo, but I'm not quite sure on wich is the best solution since there are different options on the market.
Shen-Hao offers two different models for 6x17 and 5x7 cameras, but I think both are made by Art Panorama and just differ on how they'are attached to the camera. I like the solution found for the 6x17, where the ground glass panel drops down and lets hands free for something else. It seems a clever solution, but I have never used it and would like to hear from whoever had real experience.
I have a Da Yi 6x17 camera, but it's back isn't exactly what I would call state of art engineering and Canham back is just a bit to expensive for my taste.

Hugo is asking U$350 and 3/4 months to make it and I thought maybe someone else might be interested.

Greetings,

Cesar B.

acs
29-Apr-2011, 14:18
I thought the available solutions, other than the half slides, needed an international rather than spring style back.

I'd be interested to hear how this progresses.

Cesar Barreto
30-Apr-2011, 08:22
I forgot to say that i choose the horizontal camera, what makes 4x5 and 6x17 adapters a little bit lighter and cheaper.
Unfortunately, we don't have an accepted standard on 5x7 cameras and each manufacturer adopts a different route, but none uses spring style for 6x17 backs. Shen-Hao hinged solution is quite unusual it seems the best for me so far, but I'm inclined to hear other people opinions.

Dave - Landscapes
1-May-2011, 04:14
Congratulations on your new Chamonix 57n. I've got the convertible version and through Hugo, have arranged for Chamonix to work on my 5x7 back to allow me to use a Canham 617 RFH. I'm about to send it off to the factory and get the work done. Should be interesting. I'll let you and the forum know how it turns out.

Regards

Dave

Tim Peare
8-Jan-2013, 10:36
Congratulations on your new Chamonix 57n. I've got the convertible version and through Hugo, have arranged for Chamonix to work on my 5x7 back to allow me to use a Canham 617 RFH. I'm about to send it off to the factory and get the work done. Should be interesting. I'll let you and the forum know how it turns out.

Regards

Dave

I know this is an old thread but am curious to hear how the 6x17 modification worked out. Any news?

Thanks,

Tim

Louis Pacilla
8-Jan-2013, 11:06
I know this is an old thread but am curious to hear how the 6x17 modification worked out. Any news?

Thanks,

Tim

Hey Tim

You may want to PM the OP (Dave - Landscape) as it looks a though he has not posted on this forum since Aug 2011.

If you PM him it will link through to his personal email so he should receive the notification of your PM. This way you may get the answer your looking for.

Tim Peare
13-May-2013, 22:37
Hey Tim

You may want to PM the OP (Dave - Landscape) as it looks a though he has not posted on this forum since Aug 2011.

If you PM him it will link through to his personal email so he should receive the notification of your PM. This way you may get the answer your looking for.

Thank you Louis!