PDA

View Full Version : Scrap 4x5 film

Stoogley
27-Apr-2011, 05:36
Hey...does anyone have, say, about a half dozen pieces of 4x5 film that they're going to drop in the trash? If so, would you be willing to mail them to me?

I just want a few pieces to practice loading holders and developing tanks.

Thanks
Stoog

BetterSense
27-Apr-2011, 05:45
I just threw away a whole box of TXP. I can pick them out of my darkroom trash can for you. PM me your address.

Stoogley
27-Apr-2011, 06:37
PM Sent

Thanks!

Professional
27-Apr-2011, 15:44
You can't buy 4x5 film by yourself? Are they so expensive?
On freestyle there are some 4x5 film so cheap, i bought Arista Edu Ultra B&W 100 50 sheets for about $27 excluding the shipping, same film 25 sheets is about $15, you want to have film free?

Stoogley
27-Apr-2011, 16:54
You can't buy 4x5 film by yourself? Are they so expensive?
On freestyle there are some 4x5 film so cheap, i bought Arista Edu Ultra B&W 100 50 sheets for about $27 excluding the shipping, same film 25 sheets is about $15, you want to have film free?

Umm, I was thinking to get a half dozen pieces of film, exposed or unexposed - doesn't matter, that was already trash for say $.75 in postage.
Not looking for something to shoot, just something to handle.

Does that clear it up?

Professional
27-Apr-2011, 17:06
Umm, I was thinking to get a half dozen pieces of film, exposed or unexposed - doesn't matter, that was already trash for say $.75 in postage.
Not looking for something to shoot, just something to handle.

Does that clear it up?

OK, understood, pity i didn't have that option at all and bought loads and loads for film new even for the first time and tests, in fact i bought those Arista film [100 and 400] for tests mostly, another films will be for serious shots.

photobymike
27-Apr-2011, 21:46
if you can do one right, you can do a thousand... at least i did

Vaughn
27-Apr-2011, 22:07
if you can do one right, you can do a thousand... at least i did

As an artist, I am very creative in finding new ways to mess up! :D

rguinter
28-Apr-2011, 06:43
Stoog:

Not sure why the other posters are hassling you.

PM me if you want scrap film. I have plenty and will send you a box of 50 if you want it.

Bob G.

Rick A
28-Apr-2011, 08:20
I practiced with paper negatives for a long time before I bought film. At least you can see what you are doing under safelight until you get used to the operation, plus you get to shoot them and get used to the camera.

Professional
28-Apr-2011, 15:22
Also i bought that box of film for test, so doesn't mean i will use all the sheets for test, but if i need to test a location for the exposure or the result or whatever then i will use this sheet, also many times i just test new lenses and cameras, so i can use that sheet for that test, great expensive film coming at 20-25 sheets, i don't want to waste 20 sheets of those finer film for tests, i mean if i have only 25 sheets of HP5+ and 50 sheets of Arista Edu 400, why i should use HP5+ for tests? many times i go to locations and i need to test the Dof, lens quality, exposure, ....., so i can visit again when i know what things i did before if i missed up things.

Stoogley
28-Apr-2011, 16:30
Thanks Bob! Very much appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing.

PM Sent.

Stoog

J. E. Brown
29-Apr-2011, 06:35
I also have a small stack of exposed developed/undeveloped 4x5 if your first contact falls through.

Good luck to ya!

Do your thing. Practice is useful.