PDA

View Full Version : Induro PHQ Pan Head

Panoman617
26-Apr-2011, 08:26
I was looking at the Induro PHQ3 PanHead, any one useing it? I was thinking about it for a Shen-Hao PTB 617. Maximum load is 35.2 lb 16 KG. They make a Arce Swiss top plate. From 37 x 40 mm to 37 x 150 mm plate. Also some oversize plates 50 x 60mm and 60 x 80mm. I was thinking of the 60x80mm plate for it. Any thoughts?:confused:

http://www.indurogear.com/products_details_PHQ3.html#specs

Thanks

mdm
26-Apr-2011, 14:16
I have an induro tripod. The column has a few mm of play so if you are not careful the camera will be pointing somewhere other than intended. A big problem for close up pictures such as flowers. I would not get anything by induro again.

Ari
28-Apr-2011, 18:53
I have an Induro as well, an A413; I think it's great.
Uber-solid, everything locks down tight, and it supports 18kg, or 40 lbs.
I put a Bogen 3039 on it, and it barely notices that there's a 14-lb camera on it.
As for that particular head, I've heard mixed reviews, but in their promos, it looks like the bee's knees.
Go to your local store, bring your camera, and try it out for an hour.

Rick A
2-May-2011, 05:22
I just purchased an Induro AKB2/AT213, the ball head locks up solid as does the center column. So far it'd held my Calumet cc-401 and Cambo SC 4x5's rock steady. The only drawback so far, no spike feet, but I can live with that. I dont know about the long haul yet, but I probably would buy another. I might get the next with pan head.

David R Munson
2-May-2011, 07:08
I was looking at the Induro PHQ3 PanHead, any one useing it? I was thinking about it for a Shen-Hao PTB 617. Maximum load is 35.2 lb 16 KG. They make a Arce Swiss top plate. From 37 x 40 mm to 37 x 150 mm plate. Also some oversize plates 50 x 60mm and 60 x 80mm. I was thinking of the 60x80mm plate for it. Any thoughts?:confused:

http://www.indurogear.com/products_details_PHQ3.html#specs

Thanks

I haven't seen one in person yet, but am considering one myself. I've seen and played around with their tripods and they seem well made (inb4 someone shouts "BENRO!"). Everything seems solid. The tripod head is basically precisely what I need, though I'll probably switch out the long handles for something a bit less fiddly. If you do get one, please post back about it here. I don't know that people have been using these long enough yet to be able to give much feedback. As for the mounting plate, I would probably go with the longest one that'll not get in the way on your camera. I figure the more contact area between plate and camera, the better.