PDA

View Full Version : How to carry exposed polaroids in the fields...

Alessandro V.
19-Apr-2011, 06:49
Hello,

I am planning to shoot a lot of polaroid while I am out in the fields or simply in studio but I was wondering if there was a proper method for storing the positives (and negative parts) once they are exposed.
I am afraid of dust laying on the images as you can imagine...

Thank you for any suggestion...

Ale

D. Bryant
19-Apr-2011, 06:56
Hello,

I am planning to shoot a lot of polaroid while I am out in the fields or simply in studio but I was wondering if there was a proper method for storing the positives (and negative parts) once they are exposed.
I am afraid of dust laying on the images as you can imagine...

Thank you for any suggestion...

Ale

If you choose to process in the field the positives will need to be coated and stored in a dry container. The negatives will need to be stored in a bath of sodium sulfide. In the past Polaroid offered a small plastic pail one could schlep about to hold the negs.

A long flat Tupperware container can be adapted to sub for the pail.

When I used Polaroid I preferred to postpone processing (I only used type 55) until a more convenient time writing information on the wrapper with a sharpie.

Personally I would bother with any instant film any longer in the field since it is obsolete.

Jim Noel
19-Apr-2011, 08:15
Polaroid is not obsolete, it just is not being made any longer.

Ray Van Nes
19-Apr-2011, 08:37
Something I use for both Type 55 and Readyloads is an accordian file you can purchase at any office supply. They fit perfectly and holds about a dozen.

Heroique
19-Apr-2011, 08:57
To carry batches of QuickLoads and T55, I use this “Good Cook” 2.5 quart food container.

A perfect fit.

Inside, I place a sheet of bubble plastic above and below the film stack to better secure it.

You can stuff the container in your pack and not worry.