PDA

View Full Version : The price of 8x10 HP-5+...

John Kasaian
15-Apr-2011, 23:20
..is all over the place! $79 at B and H, $81 at Badger Graphic and over $100 at Freestyle! I knew about the announcement that the price was going up, but I don't remember seeingthis great of a difference. Is B and H and Badger still selling old stock and Freestyle's pricing a taste of things to come? :eek:

Roger Cole
16-Apr-2011, 00:05
..is all over the place! $79 at B and H, $81 at Badger Graphic and over $100 at Freestyle! I knew about the announcement that the price was going up, but I don't remember seeingthis great of a difference. Is B and H and Badger still selling old stock and Freestyle's pricing a taste of things to come? :eek:

My guess is the answer to your last question is yes.

vinny
16-Apr-2011, 02:56
freestyle's is better because it's from hollywood.

Leigh
16-Apr-2011, 09:31
Freestyle film prices are waaay high, at least for the B&W emulsions I've checked.

- Leigh

Drew Wiley
16-Apr-2011, 10:09
B&H won't be far behind. Just get used to it. Raw materials, especially the polyester
base stock, have gone way up. Once their inventory rotates, or once they see their
competition is higher, they'll adjust too.

John Powers
17-Apr-2011, 15:56
Bostick & Sullivan $81.49. I think it is a good idea to support places like B&S and Badger because they are relatively small and we here and on Apug are a significant part of their market. If they do well they will have the products we want when we want them. We need each other.

John

Leigh
17-Apr-2011, 16:01
Bostick & Sullivan
URL is http://www.bostick-sullivan.com

- Leigh

Professional
17-Apr-2011, 17:10
In fact i use all of those 3 online places, i bought many stuff since 2006 from B&H, then i started to use Freestyle last year when i started to shoot film, and this year i tried Badger Graphic and i ordered 3 times in about 1-2 months, i am now in bad budget economic situations but i listed many items on all those 4 places for soon orders i hope.

Professional
17-Apr-2011, 17:11
URL is http://www.bostick-sullivan.com

- Leigh

I don't know why, but the link doesn't open with me :confused:

Leigh
17-Apr-2011, 17:14
I don't know why, but the link doesn't open with me :confused:
I don't know. I just tried it again and it worked fine. Could be some security setting on your computer.

Try Googling "Bostick & Sullivan" (with the double quotes) and you should get their site as the first hit.

- Leigh

SeanEsopenko
17-Apr-2011, 20:13
I just picked up a 10 pack of 16x20 Ilford VC warm fibre paper from a local shop. It went from $66 to $80 CAD. Wow!

John Powers
18-Apr-2011, 06:16
Simon R Galley, Director at Harman technology Limited (Ilford), posted the following on APUG.org January 11, 2011. His reference is to rumors that were circulating prior to his posting that there would be a 30% across the board price increase. What we are seeing is the price increase going into effect as old inventory is sold and new stock arrives.
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/85979-note-harman-technology-limited-re-price-increases.html

"Note From HARMAN technology Limited : Re Price Increases
Dear All,

ILFORD Photo prices will indeed rise ex.factory from 1st February 2011. Firstly, let me assure you prices will NOT be rising across the board by 30.00% on film and paper.

We are absolutely determined to keep our product costs as low as possible, we have not had a worldwide price increase since September 2009, although some markets have had prices altered ad interim.

The cause of this increase is not only silver, but it is by far the biggest element, we have had significant rises in base costs, fine chemicals, taxation, employment costs, transport and energies. We have worked incredibly hard to try and offset these increases by cost savings and efficiencies in the factory and by necessity reducing staff numbers in 2009. HARMAN technology Limited had not planned ANY increase in prices AT ALL during 2011.

We always monitor silver prices on a daily basis, the huge incremental rise in the last four months was not expected, we had envisaged a gradual rise, as people invested in silver and other commodities due to currency uncertainties backed by growing industrial ( not photo ) demand.

Many suppliers raised prices in 2010 ( and probably will again ) we did not, we wished to see if silver would stabilise, we also hold significant stocks of coated parent rolls and we have been using up that stock in the last 12 weeks. All product now being finished and shipped is product coated with silver at the current elevated prices and these additional costs just cannot be absorbed by HARMAN technology Limited.

Prices do vary from market to market, this is a very, very complex equation of currency, import duties, local taxes, shipping costs, local delivery costs and distributor and reseller margins, currency fluctuations are by far the biggest introducer of anomolies in pricing around the world not the prices charged ex.factory.

New prices have been notified to resellers by distributors around the world for products leaving distributors after February 1st 2011.

Price does affect the volume of goods sold, that is an absolute fact, so we have a total determination to keep ILFORD Photo products at a fair price.

Since HARMAN technology Limited was established six years ago we have
always looked at different manufacturing options and technologies to grow our business, but fundamental to our business is the monochrome product range, the photo business will remain the largest part of our business for some appreciable time. In 2011 we have NO plans to delete ANY products whatsoever from our range and following excellent field trial feedback a brand new ILFORD Paper will be launched worldwide in Q2 2011.

We thank all our customers who buy and value our products.

Simon. ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology LImited : "