PDA

View Full Version : My new website

lenicolas
14-Apr-2011, 03:05
Hi,

My new website is online
www.nicolaslevy.fr (http://www.nicolaslevy.fr)

The portraits were made with many diferent cameras (including digital), all the pictures in the other galeries were made with mamiya 7 or chamonix 4x5.

All texts are in french ;) but they're not that important.

Any feedback apreciated
If anyone is using an ipad to view it, i would love to know what it's like since i couldn't test it myself...

Mike Anderson
14-Apr-2011, 13:04
Any feedback apreciated
If anyone is using an ipad to view it, i would love to know what it's like since i couldn't test it myself...

I looked at it on an iPad.

Some pages are too wide for the iPad, the home page and the credits page are 2 that I found. They unnecessarily require horizontal scrolling. (I've found a good all around layout is with a 960px wide centered container - this looks good on iPads and netbooks and most everything I've tried it on.)

Unless of course horizontal scrolling is by design: your horizontal scrolling galleries look/work great on the iPad. (On Chrome the text on the left stays fixed and the pictures fade away as they scroll "under" the text - this doesn't happen on iPad, the text isn't fixed and scrolls off the screen as you scroll the pictures. I don't think this is bad, but that fancy effect is missing on the iPad.)

It works well enough on the iPad, and like I said the horizontal scrolling galleries design is great for the iPad, but all the sizes need to tweaking and adjusting to make it perfect for iPad.

...Mike

Shadowtracker
14-Apr-2011, 21:21
Looked at it on a large 17" laptop - similar in terms of picture size as the above post; just a little too tall. Some of the wider photos, as scrolling to the right, were blending out on the left side by the time I could see the right side. Other than that, I liked it. Your b&w grabbed me more for the most part, and I was able to see the entire photos that were smaller; just a tad too tall overall to fit on the screen and being sure I didn't have to scroll up or down to see the rest of it. But it's a nice site.

lenicolas
15-Apr-2011, 03:40
thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll try too fix those things - maybe upload smaller pictures - but eventually, i'll have to ask the developer to try that 960px centered container...

Thanks a lot.