PDA

View Full Version : Finding sheet film and related items in Taiwan

David R Munson
11-Apr-2011, 07:21
I am having trouble finding a good source (any source, really) for sheet film, b&w chemistry, file pages, etc in Taiwan. Also a color lab that'll do E-6 and C41 in 120 and 4x5 formats. I found one place near my apartment in Kaohsiung that has some b&w chemistry, but the selection is pretty slim and some of it is insanely outdated (boxes of paper from the 70s, for example). Anyone know good sources up in Taipei? I'll be going up there again in a few weeks and hope I can get some of the items I need resolved.

Oren Grad
11-Apr-2011, 07:53
David, there's a place in Taipei called Shueido that sells a lot of used film camera gear on eBay, including a smattering of LF stuff. Perhaps they sell consumables as well.

Ari
11-Apr-2011, 08:58
David, you might also consider ordering film online, slightly in advance of your arrival.
Shanghai film is of quite good quality, and it ships out of (you guessed it) Shanghai.
About $0.50 per sheet.
I don't know about chemicals or paper in Taiwan, but perhaps ordering online is the way to go.
I have to get almost everything online, and I live in two large-ish North American cities.

David R Munson
11-Apr-2011, 09:25
Ordering online is an option, and if I do I'll probably have stuff shipped from Japan, but I'd rather find a place here in Taiwan I can get what I need for the sake of reliability and being able to get what I need when I need it, even if it means taking the train up to Taipei.

I Am Luna
11-Apr-2011, 17:55
Go to Bo Han Distrct. But I don't think they'll be selling sheet film. Mostly digital stuff. All analog stuff will be hard to come by unless you are search on their version of ebay.

Also, perhaps if you get with the Lomography store, they could help you find some sheet film and prolabs in the area.
Address: No.35. Lane 187, Sec.1, Dunhua S. Rd., Taipei