PDA

View Full Version : ANy one know what this developing thing is?

cosmicexplosion
4-Apr-2011, 20:24
I just scored a complete JOBO cpe 2 with tons of stuff, it was mainly set up for 35mm slides, but i am not complaining as it has some 8x10 drums as well, but...

included was two of these things, they look like pianola musical scores, but would hate to hear the music, so instead i will ask, which one of you has the key?

10 points to the first.

i cant seem to upload pics.

on top they say universal b+w

the other says process c-41

both are aluminium about 150mm (6") high and have pianola type things on the side, so they clearly are designed to give information to another party.

i am not sure why i cant upload a pic, it is low res.

bad mac day.

so with no pic, i will raise the stake to 30 points.

cosmicexplosion
4-Apr-2011, 20:51
its back to ten points

Brian C. Miller
4-Apr-2011, 21:01
Those are timing cylinders for a process timer. The one I have (Omega?) has movable pins, and looks similar to a 24hr timer, but for much shorter durations. The timer may be in with the stuff.

cosmicexplosion
4-Apr-2011, 23:52
mmm...so not any thing to do with jobo?

they have $1850 in price tags on each of them so they must have been good back in the day.

there does not seem to be any consortium device.

i will however take it up with the donors as it may be in hiding.

so there you go, ten points, thanks Brian.

Sevo
5-Apr-2011, 00:58
mmm...so not any thing to do with jobo?

they have $1850 in price tags on each of them so they must have been good back in the day.

Nothing to do with Jobo. Many early automatic processors came with at least functionally similar mechanical process controllers - if that price tag indeed is right, it must be from a very large scale processor, as a timer control drum for smaller "studio size" processors would hardly be in the same a price range as the processor itself (Colentas sold for around $1500-6000 if I assume a seventies exchange rate of 2.50DM to the $).

But it is more likely to be the original suggestion, i.e. from a Omega lab timer, and in Pesos, Lira or whatever smaller currency (or tagged with the clock model number it would fit)...