PDA

View Full Version : anyone making custom clear bags for prints?

vinny
4-Apr-2011, 17:26
I don't mean a vendor, Are any of you using heat sealing cutters (or other means)to resize existing bags?
Most of my matted work is of irregular proportions and the excess bag material looks sloppy. I've considered trying one of these large sealer/cutters to resize existing bags:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370089449389&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Jim Becia
4-Apr-2011, 17:45
Vinny,

I have one of these that I use once in a while. It is left over from my gallery and frame shop. It takes shrink wrap film and is fairly time consuming to use. After sealing your matted photo or whatever your shrink wrapping, you then need to use basically a hot air blow dryer to have the shrink wrap material shrink up around the piece. It's not difficult, just time consuming. Jim

vinny
4-Apr-2011, 19:05
Jim, I'm interested in using my clearbags.com existing bags which this machine is compatible with. Basically cutting off/sealing one or twodimensions of a bag.

Jim Becia
5-Apr-2011, 05:43
Vinny,

I've never used clear bags with this machine. I'll have to try it out and see how it works. If it does, it certainly allows for customizing certain sizes. My only concern (a small one) is that the seal from these machines are generally not as sharp and crisp. Thanks. Jim

vinny
5-Apr-2011, 07:59
I'm sure you're correct in the finish issue but i'd still like to hear from your test. Thanks