PDA

View Full Version : Kosoff site updated

Brian K
24-Mar-2011, 04:49
For those of you who have rightfully pestered me about when I'll be putting new work up on my web site, you can stop. I just posted 24 new images on the site and promise to update it more regularly.

The site is also being re-coded to a non flash version and will also include a blog with viewer comments. This should be up with in a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

www.kosoff.com

Struan Gray
24-Mar-2011, 04:54
Gorgeous work Brian. Lovely to see.

Ken Lee
24-Mar-2011, 04:56
Top Shelf !!!

Shawn Dougherty
24-Mar-2011, 07:13
Great news! Can't wait to check it out, Brian.

h2oman
24-Mar-2011, 07:47
It's about time! ;)

Now, how about finding a publisher and putting out a book?

Shawn Dougherty
24-Mar-2011, 07:58
Now, how about finding a publisher and putting out a book?

Looking forward to that myself. =)

h2oman
24-Mar-2011, 08:32
My previous, somewhat flippant, response was made before looking at the new images. They are beautiful, Brian, and "so you." I have to ask, was the image "Mesa" made in eastern Oregon? Sure looks like the topography out east of where I live.

I think that if someone asked me to list my five favorite photographers, you'd be one of them, along with Michael Kenna, Brett Weston, David Plowden and that Adams guy.

Eric Biggerstaff
24-Mar-2011, 08:45
Brian,

Your work always inspires me! Thanks.

Brian K
24-Mar-2011, 09:58
Thanks all for the very kind words. The site still has a glitch or two being worked on. It seems to jump from the newest work, which should be the opening page, to an earlier portfolio. This is being fixed as we speak but the new work, comprised of 2 portfolios is available from the menu. The complete re write of the site, which is now under way will resolve all glitches and will enable viewing via non Flash.

H20man, I just had a long talk with George Tice about my producing a book, he was very helpful, and I will be starting the process up again. I did have a book deal previously but the economic downturn spooked the publisher, so now I'm back to square one.

Jerzy Pawlowski
24-Mar-2011, 10:26
I am admirer of Brian's work since the very first moment I saw his photos. There is a chapter about Brian (and his picture) in the recent George Barr book (Why photographs work). His chapter neighbors Michael Kenna chapter (likely due to alphabet rules).

h2oman
24-Mar-2011, 13:06
I wish you well on the book endeavor, Brian. I'll be one of the first in line for a copy if you succeed.

mdm
24-Mar-2011, 16:48
You did well with Lake Wanaka. Milford though, like Yosemite, is a poison chalice.

Robert Brummitt
24-Mar-2011, 17:25
Book! When? I want one!

RmFrase
25-Mar-2011, 03:39
Superb!!

Brian K
26-Mar-2011, 06:06
Robert, the book is something that I will be devoting the second half of the year to. The good thing about having delayed it is that I have more images to choose from.

I feel that I'm finally getting the hang of landscape photography and am at the point where the technical side is becoming less of a distraction. They only way to get to that point is to shoot, a lot. That whole "it takes 10,000 hours to master something" statement has a lot of truth to it.

My web site developer says that the new non flash version should be up in about 2 weeks. I'll have a blog on there with a viewer comment feature and will welcome comments about photography and whatever subject matter I address in the blog. I'm not sure how often I'll post blogs but I will try to make them of interest.

Robert Brummitt
26-Mar-2011, 09:43
I think you "Mastered" landscape photography sometime ago. If it's ten thousand photographs then you did it in two.
I will be looking forward to your book as I am looking forward to your print I bought from Wall Space gallery. http://wall-spacegallery.com/displayShow.php?showID=122&collection=3
It's a win/win for me I get a print and my funds goes to our friends and neighbors in Japan who have and are suffering so much.
Thank you for that.

Brian K
27-Mar-2011, 10:16
Thanks Robert, that's very kind of you to say.

John NYC
27-Mar-2011, 11:13
Fabulous stuff.

John Voss
27-Mar-2011, 12:26
I love the new work, Brian. I look forward to the book.

Kirk Gittings
27-Mar-2011, 12:33
Superb, contemplative work. I hope to see the originals sometime.

Brian K
30-Mar-2011, 12:02
John, John and Kirk, thank you.

Bruce Pottorff
30-Mar-2011, 12:38
I've been here for many years, and never before felt compelled to respond to someone's website. This work is some of the very best I've seen. Simply outstanding.

Bruce Pottorff

Hugo Zhang
30-Mar-2011, 12:56
Brian,

Very beautiful work and thank you for posting them!

Hugo

Brian K
1-Apr-2011, 07:16
Bruce, Hugo, thank you both, it's extremely kind of you and greatly appreciated.