PDA

View Full Version : The local historical society...

Larry H-L
15-Mar-2011, 08:52
Was walking to the local pizza joint yesterday with some students and passed by our local historical museum.

A big sign in the front window that said "photography," caught my attention, and then I saw this.

Do you think they will trade for a nice new Kodak point and shoot?

http://eyelement.com/photos/tth_cooke.jpg

Jim Galli
15-Mar-2011, 09:13
NOT a museum piece. That camera should be making pictures!

Walter Calahan
15-Mar-2011, 09:47
I'll give the museum a nice donation if I can have that camera!!!

What a lens, too.

Larry H-L
15-Mar-2011, 09:57
What's a clean 15-inch Cooke Portrait worth these days?

Jim Galli
15-Mar-2011, 10:01
What's a clean 15-inch Cooke Portrait worth these days?

Plus or minus 2 grand

Mark Sawyer
15-Mar-2011, 10:27
A clever Historical Society would form a partnership with a local LF photographer, set up a historically accurate 1900-1930's studio, and do some high-end portrait work. Raise some funds, get some publicity, do something very cool and totally appropriate to their mission...

Brian C. Miller
15-Mar-2011, 10:43
Larry, you have just got to go and talk with those people!! Show them what that camera can do, and promote both the society and yourself!

Larry H-L
15-Mar-2011, 10:51
Yes, that is a great idea. I'll try to come up with some sort of community portrait project and see if they will bite on it.

There's a second equally big camera in the window, but it is turned away, so I'll have to stop in when they are open and look it over too.

goamules
15-Mar-2011, 11:01
You can also donate a "equally nice looking brass lens" to go on their camera, and explain that the Cooke is too nice to just sit. Find a big brass RR or something and bring it in to show them....on a 9" board.

BarryS
15-Mar-2011, 11:02
Or...you could spray paint a coffee can gold and switch it for the Cooke when no one's looking. :)

Barry
Commander, Portrait Lens Liberation Front

Jim Galli
15-Mar-2011, 11:09
Or...you could spray paint a coffee can gold and switch it for the Cooke when no one's looking. :)

Barry
Commander, Portrait Lens Liberation Front

.....or steal the headlight off a street car and swap it when no one's looking.

Larry H-L
15-Mar-2011, 11:17
If I put a dark cloth over my head and stood mannequin still in the front window...