PDA

View Full Version : Rollie Retro 400s Film

Two23
13-Mar-2011, 10:54
I've been reading up on Rollie Retro film, in 120 rolls (apparently no 4x5 sheets available.) It's a panchromatic flim. Does this mean it's sensitive to only blue light? I'm looking for a film that mimics the dreamy look from wet plates. Might not exist though.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/81240011-Rollei-Agfa-Retro-400S-Polyester-Base-120-size-Single-Roll-Unboxed

Kent in SD

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
13-Mar-2011, 11:14
How come you want God to bless Iceland ? Did you lose some money?
By the way: NO ROLL FILM MIMICS WET PLATE!

photobymike
13-Mar-2011, 11:19
I have used Rollei retro 400 120 film. its sensitive to all visible light... panchromatic. Ortho film is sensitive to blue.... can be used and developed under subdued red light...

Rollei 400 retro with a estar base is a difficult film to handle after its developed. It curls like a tight spring... real pain in the shorts when you need to scan. It also has emulsion on both sides one light sensitive the other anti halation and anti curl.. This film in my opinion befits greatly from a pre soak 5 minutes for me... i have a bunch that i will never use because the curl thing is a real problem.....PAYPAL me 10 bucks for shipping and i will send you 2 rolls to try if you like... it is just sittin my fridge ...... it is not the newer 400s film but just 400 retro ....

Heespharm
13-Mar-2011, 13:04
The stuff is trash get rid of it

Two23
13-Mar-2011, 14:19
The stuff is trash get rid of it

Tells me what I wanted to know, LOL.

Kent in SD

photobymike
13-Mar-2011, 15:15
yep the film is not worth the time to shoot or waste good chemistry on...

one of my many negative learning experiences... lol lol pun intended

Heespharm
13-Mar-2011, 15:30
Tells me what I wanted to know, LOL.

Kent in SD

Now let's not let this ROLL out of proportion... I didn't mean to CURL ur judgement about this film...

But to answer your question panchromatic film is sensitive to the whole spectrum (pan meaning all) so sensitive not only to blue