PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North East England...

NorthSands
9-Mar-2011, 15:05
Should probably introduce myself really, been a bit of a lurker for a while on here and thought it worth registering finally!

I'm based in the NE of England, shoot mostly on medium and large format (5x4, so small large format, ha!) and pretty much exclusively at night. GG focusing is interesting in the dark...

Anyway, looks a fantastic forum, hope to get more involved and learn plenty. Dunno if it's frowned upon to post website links or flickr streams so I'll hang fire for now!

Andy. :)

NorthSands
9-Mar-2011, 15:06
Should also add that I shoot my 5x4 with a Graflex Crown Graphic, maybe not top end LF but does the job for me...

Joanna Carter
9-Mar-2011, 15:55
Don't forget to look in on the UKLFPG forums (http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum). We are holding a get-together in Saltburn on the weekend of 15/16 April.

Vick Vickery
9-Mar-2011, 19:31
Welcome to group therapy, Andy! :) An awful lot of us started out with a 4x5 (on this side of the pond) press camera, myself included, and many here still shoot them (again, me too). I shoot a Cambo monorail, a Super Graphic, and a Speed Graphic, and enjoy them all, along with MF, 35mm, and some digital as well, so you sound pretty typical to me!

amac212
10-Mar-2011, 05:41
Welcome Andy,

I love that you shoot 4x5 at night! Look forward to seeing some of your work. :)

NorthSands
10-Mar-2011, 15:54
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome! I'll just post a link to my Flickr if you're interested, there's a 5x4 (4x5!) set if you look on the right:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/interzone-inc/

Will register on the UKLFPG forums too, nice to know I'm not alone in the UK.

Andy

Carter64
10-Mar-2011, 17:43
Hi Andy.
I recognise an awful lot of those locations, living in an SR1 postcode.
Nice article in Advanced Photographer, too :)

Phil
10-Mar-2011, 18:57
Greetings back to you from North West New England!

NorthSands
28-Mar-2011, 12:13
Hi Andy.
I recognise an awful lot of those locations, living in an SR1 postcode.
Nice article in Advanced Photographer, too :)

Aha, another local LF person, good to know I'm not the only one!

Hello to everyone else too. :)