PDA

View Full Version : liquid light

Martin Miksch
4-Mar-2011, 16:28
as I understand this is similar to emulsions used on paper. If I coat a glassplate this way will it give a negative I can make contact copies from?
Thanks
Martin

jnantz
4-Mar-2011, 19:01
hi martin

yes you can coat a glass plate with it, and expose it in a camera and make contact prints from it. it will be like a paper negative but on glass.

have fun!
john

Brian Ellis
4-Mar-2011, 19:30
hi martin

yes you can coat a glass plate with it, and expose it in a camera and make contact prints from it. it will be like a paper negative but on glass.

have fun!
john

Liquid Light will give him a negative? I've never used it myself so I may very well be wrong but I would have thought it produced a positive.

Vaughn
4-Mar-2011, 19:33
Photopaper (and liquid light) in a camera produces a negative.

MIke Sherck
4-Mar-2011, 19:33
It's just a photographic emulsion, doing what photographic emulsions do. It'll make a negative. It'll be slow and depending on age, heat, etc. may give difficulties with contrast, but it'll work. Go to one of the web sites which go into the details of making one's own emulsion and look for how they prepare glass to accept the emulsion. You'll need to know that.

Mike

Brian Ellis
4-Mar-2011, 20:05
Photopaper (and liquid light) in a camera produces a negative.

Duh. Not sure what I was thinking, especially since I've made paper negatives using normal photo paper. Thanks for the correction.

Martin Miksch
5-Mar-2011, 01:25
Thank you all, I will start today with some paper in my new camera; got a groundglass made by a local glassworker and attached a big lens to my Sinarshutter and alltogether to the camera. I am kind of nervous, untill now my experience is with 5x7 and the new is 12x16.^^
Thanks and kind Regards
Martin