PDA

View Full Version : Foto Care in NYC

David Solow
3-Mar-2011, 10:59
Has anybody bought anything at Foto Care in NYC? What's your experience like?

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
3-Mar-2011, 11:42
Fotocare used to be a great place, and it may still be, I haven't been there for quite a while. Their customer service was excellent, and Jeff Hirsch was very knowledgeable. It wasn't cheap, but you paid for their service and knowledge. I don't know how much LF they deal today, probably mostly high-end digital.

Bob Kerner
3-Mar-2011, 17:39
I'm using them regularly now, David. Their website is useless but the shop is nicely stocked and the staff helpful. I haven't studied their LF offerings, but the last time I was in the shop ( 2 weeks ago) they had a boatload of Leica M's.

They are a couple of bucks more expensive than B&H but they are open later on Friday and all day Saturday. Sometimes I need something on a Friday afternoon and don't want to wait for B&H's site to re-open Sat evening. I found that a box of film comes out to be a few cents cheaper in the store when you factor in the shipping costs of B&H.

They ordered me some Elinchrom parts to rehab an Ebay purchase and the parts arrived within 2 days at a reasonable price. Friendly folks, too.

bdkphoto
3-Mar-2011, 17:44
Best place in the city.