PDA

View Full Version : 16x20 TMax 400

BILL3075
4-Feb-2011, 10:12
For those interested:

Keith Canham has just posted another special order for 16x20 T-Max 400 film.
Order deadline is mid-March, with an end of February deadline to use a coupon discount.

Almost half the boxes needed are already spoken for, so anyone interested should contact Keith soon.

Bill

Daniel Stone
4-Feb-2011, 10:24
I shoot 8x10, but just out of curiosity, if someone shoots 8x20, could you just cut this in 1/2 to get the correct dimensions for that format?

I'm only asking b/c I know that even though film sizes might be say, 8"x10", the dimension of the film are actually smaller, even by a small margin.

-Dan

Larry Gebhardt
4-Feb-2011, 10:29
In my experience with cutting 8x10 down you will need to make two cuts, as each piece will be slightly less than 1/2 the full sheet.

cdholden
4-Feb-2011, 11:27
It might be time to invest in that Rotatrim. Slice a sheet to make 1 12x20, and the rest for 4x5 or 4x10.

jp
4-Feb-2011, 11:45
Someone with some cash (like an inheritance or if their house finally sold) could easily buy up enough to finish the orders for some of Canhams group buys and fill a large chest freezer. They could also do their own sole group buy of 8x10 ($15042 without any discounts).

Wait till after the price increase this spring, sell some individually at a good profit. People who don't want to wait till the next round of a group buy, or have used up their stash.

Wait a couple years after that if Kodak pulls a polaroid on everyone, and sell the remainder with crack dealer markup on Ebay. Keep a little film for yourself, and use the profits to do something nice for your spouse and buy some overpriced soft focus lenses or more film.

John Powers
4-Feb-2011, 12:10
do something nice for your spouse and buy some overpriced soft focus lenses or more film.

My spouse tells me that using a soft focus lens is doing something nice for your spouse.

John