PDA

View Full Version : Platinum/Palladium in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Jan Pietrzak
1-Feb-2011, 09:47
It is February 1st in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It's 10F and 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground. So I figured it time to talk about workshops.

I will be doing two Pt/Pd workshops in late September, one beginning, and one advanced. Fall is a great time in Northern New Mexico not too hot, and not too cold.

Both workshops are three days long over the weekend. The beginning one is the basics and the advanced one is fine tuning your work. This is a rethinking of the workshop I taught for the UCSC program.

For a pdf of the workshop e-mail me at jpptprnt@sbcglobal.net

Jan Pietrzak

Kirk Gittings
1-Feb-2011, 11:50
Jan knows his stuff. These should be great.

BTW I just noticed you called! I'll call you later. I've been buried! Two shows coming up and a fair amount of commercial work.

Jan Pietrzak
1-Feb-2011, 17:23
Kirk,

Thank you for the kind words. I am looking forward to doing what I love most platinum, palladium printing and teaching. It should be a fun two weekends. And two good sunday dinners at the end of the workshop.

Jan Pietrzak

Jim Fitzgerald
1-Feb-2011, 17:50
Jan, this is awesome! Good luck. This is an area of printing I have yet to explore so I may be a student at some point.

Jan Pietrzak
1-Feb-2011, 18:53
Jim,

Thank you, some of the sad facts about moving to New Mexico is that I have left a number of my friends in Southern California. So seeing shows and exhibits of friends work makes for a real trip to SoCal. It looks as though you had a great turn out. I wish that I/we could have been with you, but sadly not to happen.

We will keep the workshop going and maybe you can get to Santa Fe.

Jan Pietrzak

Jim Fitzgerald
1-Feb-2011, 19:04
Jan, I have never been to Santa Fe and it is on my list. I will definitely look you up as I wish to see more of your work in person.

The show that Tri and I had was really nice. At one point I stood back and looked at the 30 carbon prints I had on the wall and thought to myself " this looks nice". Good time and a lot of new friends made.