PDA

View Full Version : photo display setup?

J Rogers
28-Jan-2011, 12:15
I need to display 50 photos at eye level in indianapolis. matted photos, not framed for display for a national meeting attended by about 700 women.

does anyone have any professional yet affordable display suggestions?

trade show rental places have 4' tall by 8' wide and about 6' 6" in height in pale gray fabric. matted photos could be affixed via velcro. we may need lighting to afix to the top of the panels but getting electricity to them may be problematic.

someone suggested i could use the hotel's pipe system they use for those creepy draped dividers for trade show. they though icould have large fabric cases made to slip/stretch/fit over those pipes out of maybe charcoal polartec-ish fabric?

does anyone have ideas for a simple, affordable but not too time consuming setup? I live 5 hours away from the site and may or may not have a few volunteers there when i arrive. I may need 96 running feet of display but i'm hoping to get that by using whatever i choose double sided, therefore needing about 50' It could be set up as 3 parallel rows or a u shape or two 25' rows, etc. thanks!

Tervuren
8-Feb-2011, 03:51
the best and quickest way I can think of which is not bad as far as the price goes, have you thought of Gator boards ? they are easy and nice looking, you may even have a choice of colors as well and use both sides, since I don't know the set up of the room where your exhibition is, and in fact I have seen some exhibitions and galleries have used them, you can use the temp or permanent adhesive to fix the photos to the boards and hang them with fishing line anywhere, believe it or not, I have seen it done very nicely in Europe as well as in Asia, it seems that your photos are suspended in the air, or you can have it against the wall as well, it is quick to set up, cheap to make and most of all extremely light to carry around, just be very careful not to break the corners of the frames while handling / moving / storing them. good luck and I hope this will be some help.