PDA

View Full Version : Hosemaster anyone?

Patrick Barta
20-Jan-2011, 13:32
Hey folks,

I'm new to this board but not to photography. Been in the commercial business for 30 years now and have seen quite a bit of change. Let it be said I miss my 4x5 and the film days and now work mostly with a Linhof M 679 cs with a phase one back. I've used the old Hoser in past years for some projects but I've been rediscovering a need for one again.

I recently purchased a system but it doesn't have all the attachments I'd like to have, namely wands and skimmers. I've been making some calls around and searching on line to see if I could undercover some accessories but to this point no luck.

Is anyone aware of a place or individual who may still have some of these things lying in the deep dark crevasses of there equipment room?

cowanw
20-Jan-2011, 13:42
Up in Canada we have lots of old Hosers. They mostly become comedians in Hollywood
Regards
Bill

IanMazursky
21-Jan-2011, 12:21
Hi Patrick,
I would give Calumet a call. They distributed the HoseMaster system for years.
A few years ago they went on a big sale kick and sold off everything related to them on ebay.
They occasionally list stuff here and there but they may have some on their shelves.

I did also see an auction years ago for a HoseMaster and the guy made a lot of wands and accessories from plastic and cardboard. They looked good, if you cant find the parts, i would consider making them.

Good luck!

Len Middleton
21-Jan-2011, 12:22
Bill,

The OP may not be familar with the venacular used by the MacKenzie brothers...:D

Len

cowanw
21-Jan-2011, 14:57
Aaahhhh! I have misinterpreted what an old hoser is.
Regards
Bill