PDA

View Full Version : 135mm APO-Sironar-N question

Steve Goldstein
13-Jan-2011, 19:16
If you've got one of these (or a Caltar II-N) in a Copal 0, what are the small identifying numerals on the aperture band? I'm curious if the APO-N and APO-S use the same aperture scales.

Thanks.

Jack Dahlgren
13-Jan-2011, 20:22
A picture would help...

Ivan J. Eberle
13-Jan-2011, 21:10
Don't know that I have the info you're looking for but I do have a 135mm f/5.6 Caltar II-N. With it's ivory plastic tip to the aperture selector (1980-sumpin?) I'm figuring it predates the Rodenstock Sironar-N version being designated "APO" (though it's reputed to be the very same lens with the same glass formula with APO only was added to the name later by the marketing department).
The number "0011.067" is printed on the far left hand side of aperture scale just in front of the cable release thread/block.
It's an extraordinarily sharp lens, BTW.

Bob Salomon
14-Jan-2011, 01:55
Those are the id numbers for that specific aperture scale. If two lenses have a scale with the same number then they use the salme scale.

Steve Goldstein
14-Jan-2011, 04:30
Ivan - thank you, that's what I was after. They are the same numbers as the 135mm APO-Sironar-S, which is what I wanted to know.

Bob - Do you ever sleep? 3:55AM local time???

Bob Salomon
14-Jan-2011, 08:07
Ivan - thank you, that's what I was after. They are the same numbers as the 135mm APO-Sironar-S, which is what I wanted to know.

Bob - Do you ever sleep? 3:55AM local time???

Of course I do, I just get up about that time, wherever I am.