PDA

View Full Version : Lid problems with an Epson 3200

baronvonaaron
13-Jan-2011, 07:04
The transparency adapter in the lid of my epson 3200 will not turn on, and my scanning software says it's not plugged it. I've checked, it is indeed plugged in. I've also taken it apart to clean the glass and I've checked the wires, no frays or severed connections. Everything looks tip top. Has this happened to anyone here before? Is there a fix?

I'm a student living in a warehouse without an income. I can't really throw money at a problem, so I'm hoping there's something I can do myself to get it fixed (and not go out and buy a new (or used) scanner).

I'm reduced to sandwiching my negatives between sheets of (non-antinewton ring) glass then putting a frosted lamp (i can't afford to buy or build a lightbox right now) over top of it, then scanning in reflective mode. Less then adequate results, i can tell you.

Kirk Gittings
13-Jan-2011, 09:34
I have a 3200 you can have for shipping cost. It worked the last time I used it-replaced it with the next model.

Doug Fisher
13-Jan-2011, 12:01
Did you fully unplug it, check all the pins and then replug it? If you took it apart to clean it, then I would guess so but I thought I would still make the suggestion. Often just pushing on the connection doesn't get it seated correctly.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com