PDA

View Full Version : Durst Laborator 1000 Question

SMBooth
18-Dec-2010, 01:04
Have just been given a Durst 1000 enlarger which is in working condition, but I have a question about the condenser box setup. In the condenser box, set at 45deg is a couple of mounts which looks like something is supposed to slide into, can anybody tell me what goes in them, the other question is my enlarger has a piece of clear, but anti reflective glass positioned right against the hole the light source screws on to, is this normal? it looks like a modification for some reason. It also had a bit of plastic which appears to be a piece of fresnel sandwiched with it that has partly melted from the heat of the lamp. My guess its to defuse the light some.

Cheers
Shane

munz6869
18-Dec-2010, 03:19
that's above the condensers themselves, yes? In that triangular void? The mirror for the lamp house is under that 45 degree plate - if the mounts held anything it would obstruct that - I wonder if it was for something else? You can put a Taucoli cold light head in the condenser box, but that sits below that area...

The manual says (2.4.2) nothing about it...!

Marc!

SMBooth
18-Dec-2010, 04:40
Well if the old owner doesn't know .....

I pulled it down after you left and had a good look at it, the glass just looked like a add on.
May be somebody will post a photo of the inside of theirs.