PDA

View Full Version : Gathering in Edmonton?

p_markowski
16-Dec-2010, 21:26
Anybody interested in Edmonton, Alberta that would like to exchange ideas and promote LF users? I have a suitable studio for informal gatherings and art making.

Robert Skeoch
26-Dec-2010, 12:17
Was a date set for this?
-rob

falth j
26-Dec-2010, 12:42
I'd be interested, if you can promise there would not be any snow, or cold weather...

p_markowski
26-Dec-2010, 23:01
No date has been set. With the previous number of responses the last time I posted this, I thought it would be safest to leave it open until interest is there.

And the probability that there will be snow and cold is high. Wait 5 minutes however, there has been a recorded snow fall in 10 of the 12 months.

Robert Skeoch
27-Dec-2010, 11:13
I didn't know Edmonton got cold. Is this a commonly know fact?
-rob

Fred L
27-Dec-2010, 13:54
I dunno about Edmonton (well actually I do, it's nasty cold there) but it was damn frigid in the GTA today. It's the bloody wind I tell ya.

Allen in Montreal
30-Dec-2010, 22:32
I didn't know Edmonton got cold. Is this a commonly know fact?
-rob

Not that cold.....
I think Edmonton and Winterpeg might be the warmest spots in the country...aren't they? (soo damn humid here some days that "bitter cold" takes on new meaning).
:) :)

p_markowski
31-Dec-2010, 21:30
I can't complain when Winterpeg is the option. Lucky me, its going to get warm (-3!! in January!!) this week so a good time to book your West Jet flight here. And for those of you thinking this is Edmonton Kentucky, think more northern. Canada. Still tire kickers and no bites however. I'll even provide some nice coffee.

Tony Evans
10-Feb-2011, 11:36
A late respose re: A Gathering, but I, as a brand new 4x5'er in Edmonton, would like to make contact with my local peers.

p_markowski
10-Feb-2011, 12:06
Sounds great and welcome! Would the first week in March work? 6-9pm?

Tony Evans
11-Feb-2011, 09:20
Peter,
Look forward to that.
Tony

Tony Evans
1-Mar-2011, 14:03
Peter,
Any update?
Tony

p_markowski
2-Mar-2011, 11:22
Sorry Tony for the delay getting back. I went to Calgary and Drumheller for a commercial project. This later this week (being Thursday 3, and Friday 4) my routine has been mixed up with teachers convention. However, Friday evening works, Saturday afternoon, or Sunday afternoon are good also. Next week is also fine. PLEASE pick a day that works for you and I'm sure I can accommodate the time.

Tony Evans
2-Mar-2011, 19:35
Peter,
Thanks for the invite but probably better left for a more suitable time. I have no formal agenda other than get some ideas and advice on use of my new 4x5 outfit and discuss the local photographic scene. Would suggest a meeting for lunch or coffee somewhere at your convenience. Let me know what suits. You can e-mail me.
thanks again,
Tony