PDA

View Full Version : Papa's got a brand new bag

dikaiosune01
10-Dec-2010, 08:15
I apologize for the poor pun.

I got a new Bag and I just wanted to share. Actually it is not really a bag, but more of an insert with an handle on it. The great thing is that I can throw it into a backpack if i'm on a hike. Or I can throw it into a trolley if I'm at the airport.

Contents:
1. Shen hao TZ45 IIB
2. 180mm f/5.6 rodenstock (i don't have any other lenses yet)
3. Canon 500D + 50mm f/1.8 (as my light meter
4. 3 film boxes, 5 film holders
5. changing bag
6. small reflector
7. Filters and other small tools
8. Dark cloth (i use this to cover the ground glass)

I suppose it isn't the smallest things in the world. But it works and it get me through the city without look like I'm trying to smuggle milk powder (Hong Kong to get that joke)

There were a few difficulties in getting this bag. I had to cut one one of the middle inserts because there were two centre inserts stitched to the bag; it was orginally designed for long lenses. Do to the awkard shape of the centre divider; My camera is actually laying on its side, on its knobs, when the bag is rested straight up. To mimimize damage; i have it sitting on some extra divider places and the changing bag.

I'm sure this bag is bound to grow as I slowly add a few more lenses over the coming years. In the meantime I expect this bag to give me many years of service as I drag it from one place to the next. From the urban jungle and their airports, to the isolated wilderness.

GPS
10-Dec-2010, 08:48
Now what you need is a gg protector otherwise the disaster is just waiting for you behind a corner...